The Berkeley Center for Law and Business and Kirkland & Ellis recently launched an Executive Fellowship Program that brings together a select group of prominent Bay Area general counsel and chief legal officers for quarterly dinners to discuss topics at the forefront of business and law. At each event, Berkeley faculty and Kirkland partners, along with guest speakers, will share their insights with attendees. The program allows senior legal counsel from companies and private equity firms predominantly focused in the technology, internet and biotech space to join their peers in an intimate setting for a roundtable discussion. The inaugural dinner — held in September 2018 — focused on the Committee for Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), national security, privacy and cybersecurity. In March 2019, the program hosted a dinner focused on corporate crises and malfeasance with Judge Jed Saul Rakoff, Senior Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
2020 Executive Fellows:
- Raj Aji, Bill
- Amit Bhatti, 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C.
- Matt Burrows, Jaunt, Inc.
- Lloyd Carney, CEO of Carney Global Ventures, LLC and CEO Of ChaSerg Technology Acquisition Group
- Stuart Casillas, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Tim Choe, Hive
- Jobe Danganan, HomeLight, Inc.
- Jonathan Davis, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Sarah Egdal, MG Restaurants, Inc.
- Adam Eltoukhy, Samsara Networks Inc
- Rashmi Garde, Sophos
- Joshua Genser, Overaa Construction
- Marina Gracias, Varo Money
- Michael Guo, TPG
- Joseph Halloum, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Brian Higgins, Oracle Corporation
- Sophia Hudson, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Christine Hung, Robinhood Markets, Inc.
- Sarkis Jebejian, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Nick Khadder, Fluidigm Corporation
- Rishi Kotiya, Opendoor Labs
- Sean Kramer, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Vlad Kroll, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- David Le, Lyft, Inc.
- Sharon Lee, Houzz
- Christina Lema, Vista Equity Partners Management, LLC
- Irene Liu, Checkr, Inc.
- Dan Malech, Plenty Inc.
- Peter Martelli, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Chandra Mitchell Yamaha, Motor Ventures
- Kokoro Motegi, SoftBank Group Corp.
- Lara Mouritsen, Salesforce Ventures
- Brandon Pace, LendingClub Corporation
- Priya Pai, Even Responsible Finance, Inc.
- Tram Phi, DocuSign, Inc.
- Francis Sarena, Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc.
- Andrew Scott, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Duane Valz, Insitro, Inc.
- Jeremy Veit, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Brandon Vongsawad, TPG Growth
- Kevin Vosen, Waymo, LLC
- Ross Weiner, Qatalyst Partners
- Brian Wheeler, SoftBank Investment Advisers
- Jonathan York, Tesla Motors, Inc.
- Joshua Zachariah, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Alina Zagaytova, Margeta, Inc.
Quarterly General Counsel Dinner | Tuesday, September 17, San Francisco
Featuring Kristin Sverchek, General Counsel of Lyft
This program is jointly presented by :