LL.M. students who seek in-depth training in a particular area of law are able to earn Certificates of Specialization in various subject matters. Pursuing a certificate of specialization is completely optional; it is not a requirement of the LL.M. degree program.
Certificates are administered by some of our top research centers. To learn more about the certificate requirements and availability by track, please see below.
Certificates Available by Track:
LL.M. Executive Track:
Our two most popular certificates:
LL.M. Traditional and Thesis Tracks
- LL.M. Business Law Certificate
- LL.M. Law & Technology Certificate
- LL.M. Environmental Law Certificate
- LL.M. Energy & Clean Technology Law Certificate
- LL.M. International Law Certificate
- LL.M. Public Interest and Social Justice Certificate
- LL.M. Practical Lawyering Certificate
- Interdisciplinary Graduate Certificate in Real Estate
Certificates + Bar Eligibility
Most certificates cannot be combined with another certificate, with the exception of the environmental law and energy & clean technology law certificates, and the certificates offered in the LL.M. executive track.
Many of our LL.M. students are able to pursue both a certificate and bar exam eligibility. Some combinations are easier than others, given how much overlap the certificate requirements have with bar exam eligibility. Any combination will take careful planning.