We support the goals and challenges of the law school by providing services which promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment, open communication, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect. We are committed to meeting Berkeley Law’s needs by partnering with Central Human Resources, Academic Personnel and Campus Shared Services (CSS) to provide the highest level of responsive and confidential Human Resource services, information, and expertise. Through these efforts we seek to enable and inspire all employees to achieve their fullest potential.
In The Know
UC Berkeley Staff now have access to Lynda.com to learn business, technology, and creative skills. With over 5,500 courses taught by subject matter experts – on your desktop, laptop, or phone – new skills are at your fingertips.
Annual Merit Increases for Non-Represented Staff
Merit increases will be awarded retroactively to July 1, 2017 for monthly paid employees and June 18, 2017 for bi-weekly paid employees.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our CSS HR Business Partner, Shamika Jones at email@example.com.
UC Fair Wage/Fair Work Plan
Effective on October 1, 2017, Central Human Resources will implement the UC Fair Wage/Fair Work Plan rate of $15.00/hour for all eligible UC Berkeley employees. To view the eligibility criteria and implementation for UC Fair Wage/Fair Work plan, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page.
October 1, 2017 Wage Increases
The Berkeley campus will increase the minimum wage for all Student (Casual/Restricted) jobs to $13.75/hour effective October 1, 2017 to be in alignment with the upcoming minimum wage increase implemented by the City of Berkeley. This minimum wage implementation primarily affects our Student Assistants.
All impacted biweekly paid employees will see this change on their October 18 paycheck. For additional information regarding Student Assistant wage rates, please read the Student Assistant Wage rates page.
GSIs / GRS / Tutors
Pursuant to the terms of their contract, the Academic Student Employee (ASE) salary scales have been increased by 3% effective 10/1/17. The salary scales for GSRs have also been increased by 3% effective 10/1/17.
The updated salary rates will be processed automatically by the Academic Personnel Office (APO) and Campus Shared Services (CSS). You can find more information here.
Managers & Supervisors
- UC People Management Certificate – combination of online and in-person courses
- Performance Review Foundations – Lynda.com
- Delivering Employee Feedback – Lynda.com
- Rewarding Employees – Lynda.com
- Having Difficult Conversations – Lynda.com
- Strategies for Communicating with Tact and Diplomacy – online course
- Conducting Performance Appraisals – online course
- Engaging and Developing Employees – online course
- Coaching for Performance and Development – online course
- ONLINE Supervisor Knowledge Assessment
- Goal Setting – online course
- Preparing For Your Review – Lynda.com
- Building Self-Confidence – Lynda.com
- Building Resilience – Lynda.com
- Enhancing Your Productivity – Lynda.com
- Improving Your Conflict Competence – Lynda.com
- Managing Your Email – online course
- Multicultural Education Program for Faculty & Staff
- Gender Equity Resource Center workshops
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Below is an alphabetical listing of Berkeley Law Human Resources staff.
|Anhara Alexander||Recruitment and Transition Services Analystfirstname.lastname@example.org||510-642-4793|
|Katie Cisco||Academic HR Analystemail@example.com||510-664-9116|
|David Lopez||Academic HR Analyst||dalopez@.berkeley.edu||510-643-3056|
|Trisha Milazzo||Senior HR Analystfirstname.lastname@example.org||510-642-1979|
|Sheri Showalter||Director of Human Resourcesemail@example.com||510-642-1155|
|Stephanie Tang||Senior Academic HR Analystfirstname.lastname@example.org||510-643-9544|
For more information, visit the UC Berkeley Human Resources website.
In partnership with Campus Shared Services, the Berkeley Law HR Team is working to make HR processes Easier, Better, and Faster.
Click here to visit the CSS web page and learn more about the services they offer.