We support the goals and challenges of the law school by providing services which promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment, open communication, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect. We are committed to meeting Berkeley Law’s needs by partnering with Central Human Resources, Academic Personnel and Campus Shared Services (CSS) to provide the highest level of responsive and confidential Human Resource services, information, and expertise. Through these efforts we seek to enable and inspire all employees to achieve their fullest potential.
For employment verification services, please call (510) 664-9000 or fax (510) 664-9018. You may also obtain UC employment verification directly via At Your Service Online.
For other employment questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Below is a listing of Berkeley Law Human Resources & Academic Personnel staff.
|Marva de Marothy||
Director of Human Resources
Staff and Academic Positions: General HR Inquiries, Compensation and Classification, Performance Management, Leaves of Absence, Employee and Labor Relations
|Emma Lindley||Academic HR Analyst||Non-Senate Instructional Titles: Merits, Promotions, Leaves, Recruitment, and Compensationemail@example.com||510-643-9544|
|Katie Cisco||Academic HR Analyst||Academic Senate, Clinical, and LSOE Titles: Merits, Promotions, Leaves, Recruitment, and Compensationfirstname.lastname@example.org||510-664-9116|
|David Lopez||Academic HR Analyst||Academic Senate, Clinical, and LSOE Titles: Merits, Promotions, Leaves, Recruitment, and Compensationemail@example.com||510-643-3056|
|Marissa Ha||Academic HR Analyst||Graduate Student Researcher and Academic Student Employee (ASE) Positions: Graduate Student Instructor, Tutor, Reader Titles, Academic Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org||510-643-3506|
|Christine Chen||CSS HR Business Partner||Staff Positions: General HR Inquiries, Compensation and Classification, Performance Management, Employee and Labor Relations, and Pay Issuesemail@example.com||
|Annette Lewis||HR/AP Business Partner||Manages personnel actions and case management for Non-Senate Academic Personnel: Professional Researchers, Specialists, Project Scientists, and Postdocs||alewis
|Angel Cheng||CSS HR Generalist||Non-Academic Student Assistants, Work-Study, Non-Employee Affiliate Titles, Payroll and Timekeepingfirstname.lastname@example.org||510-664-9264|
|Alicia Martinez||Recruiter||Recruiting Support for Contract, Limited, and Career Staff Appointments. Job Postings, Hiring Strategies, Affirmative Action Goals, Preparing and Issuing Offer Lettersemail@example.com||510-664-9723|
For more information, visit the UC Berkeley Human Resources website.
In The Know
UC Berkeley Staff now have access to Lynda.com to learn business, technology, and creative skills. With over 5,500 courses taught by subject matter experts – on your desktop, laptop, or phone – new skills are at your fingertips.
Managers & Supervisors
- UC People Management Certificate – combination of online and in-person courses
- Performance Review Foundations – Lynda.com
- Delivering Employee Feedback – Lynda.com
- Rewarding Employees – Lynda.com
- Having Difficult Conversations – Lynda.com
- Strategies for Communicating with Tact and Diplomacy – online course
- Conducting Performance Appraisals – online course
- Engaging and Developing Employees – online course
- Coaching for Performance and Development – online course
- ONLINE Supervisor Knowledge Assessment
- Goal Setting – online course
- Preparing For Your Review – Lynda.com
- Building Self-Confidence – Lynda.com
- Building Resilience – Lynda.com
- Enhancing Your Productivity – Lynda.com
- Improving Your Conflict Competence – Lynda.com
- Managing Your Email – online course
- Multicultural Education Program for Faculty & Staff
- Gender Equity Resource Center workshops
In partnership with Campus Shared Services, the Berkeley Law HR Team is working to make HR processes Easier, Better, and Faster.
Click here to visit the CSS web page and learn more about the services they offer.