The Public Interest and Pro Bono Graduation honors and thanks graduating Berkeley Law JD and LLM students who have demonstrated a commitment to public interest, pro bono, and social justice work.
Graduating students will be honored who have done any one of the following:
- Completed the Pro Bono Pledge; or
- Completed two summers of public interest or public service work; or
- Served as a leader for a Student-Initiated Legal Services Project (SLPS) or a Berkeley Law Alternative Service Trip (BLAST); or
- Met the requirements for the Public Interest and Social Justice Certificate or the Race and Law Certificate.
These awards are also announced at the Public Interest and Pro Bono Graduation:
- The Francine Marie Diaz Memorial Award
- The Eleanor Swift Award for Public Service
- The Kathi Pugh Award for Exceptional Mentorship
- The Pro Bono Champion Award
- The Jim Fahey Safe Homes for Women
- The Brian M. Sax Prize for Excellence in Clinical Advocacy and Sax Prize Honorable Mention
This year, we will only be presenting the above awards in person at the reception. This distribution will be available for viewing vie live stream on Berkeley Law’s YouTube page. You can find the livesteam link here.
The entire Berkeley Law community is invited, and family and friends of graduating students who are being honored are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This year, the Public Interest Working Group has opted for a celebratory reception in lieu of a graduation ceremony. The Public Interest and Pro Bono Graduation Reception will be held in person on Thursday, May 12th of 2022 from 5- 6:30 PM PST on the Rooftop Patio above Café Zeb.
May 12, 2022 | 5- 6:30 PM PST on the Rooftop Patio at Berkeley Law (Above Café Zeb)
Livestream for Award Distribution: View Here.
// Thelton E. Henderson Center for Social Justice
// Clinical Program
// Career Development Office
// Pro Bono Program
// Advanced Degree Program
// Field Placement Program
// Civil Justice Research Initiative