The Public Interest and Pro Bono Graduation honors and thanks graduating Berkeley Law JD and LLM students who have demonstrated a commitment to public interest, pro bono, and social justice work.
Graduating students will be honored who have done any one of the following:
- Completed the Pro Bono Pledge; or
- Completed two summers of public interest or public service work; or
- Served as a leader for a Student-Initiated Legal Services Project (SLPS) or a Berkeley Law Alternative Service Trip (BLAST); or
- Met the requirements for the Public Interest and Social Justice Certificate
These awards are also announced at the Public Interest and Pro Bono Graduation:
- The Francine Marie Diaz Memorial Award
- The Eleanor Swift Award for Public Service
- The Kathi Pugh Award for Exceptional Mentorship
- The Pro Bono Champion Award
The entire Berkeley Law community is invited, and family and friends of graduating students who are being honored are welcome and encouraged to attend.
*This event has been postponed until further notice due to the Bay Area’s shelter-in-place orders regarding COVID-19.
May 14, 2020 | 4-6 PM
// Thelton E. Henderson Center for Social Justice
// Clinical Program
// Career Development Office
// Pro Bono Program
// Advanced Degree Program
// Field Placement Program
// Civil Justice Research Initiative