The Public Interest and Pro Bono Graduation honors and thanks graduating Berkeley Law JD and LLM students who have demonstrated a commitment to public interest, pro bono, and social justice work.
Graduating students will be honored who have done any one of the following:
- Completed the Pro Bono Pledge; or
- Completed two summers of public interest or public service work; or
- Served as a leader for a Student-Initiated Legal Services Project (SLPS) or a Berkeley Law Alternative Service Trip (BLAST); or
- Met the requirements for the Public Interest and Social Justice Certificate or the Race and Law Certificate.
These awards are also announced at the Public Interest and Pro Bono Graduation:
- The Francine Marie Diaz Memorial Award
- The Eleanor Swift Award for Public Service
- The Kathi Pugh Award for Exceptional Mentorship
- The Pro Bono Champion Award
- The Jim Fahey Safe Homes for Women
- The Brian M. Sax Prize for Excellence in Clinical Advocacy and Sax Prize Honorable Mention
The entire Berkeley Law community is invited, and family and friends of graduating students who are being honored are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This year’s Public Interest and Pro Bono Graduation Ceremony will be held online via Zoom on Thursday, May 20th of 2021 at 5 PM PST.
Students, faculty and staff will be given a private Zoom link to join and friends and family are urged to watch the ceremony via livestream on Facebook and/or YouTube.
Students will receive both links in the graduation’s event invite, in which they can pass the livestream link on to family and friends. We will not be publicly posting either links to ensure our student’s safety and that they have a memorable ceremony.
May 20, 2021 | 5-6 PM PST
Online via Facebook/YouTube Livestream
// Thelton E. Henderson Center for Social Justice
// Clinical Program
// Career Development Office
// Pro Bono Program
// Advanced Degree Program
// Field Placement Program
// Civil Justice Research Initiative