Updated Event Rules & Guidelines as of 1/15/22
Beginning on Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022, the California Department of Health Guidelines for “mega-events” are changing. On that date, all indoor events with 500 people or outdoor events with 5,000 must follow the guidelines, including but not limited to verifying vaccination status for indoor events. The CDPH guidance does not apply to regularly scheduled classes and course meetings.
At this time, the city of Berkeley Division of Public Health has not updated its vaccination-proof policy that applied to indoor events over 1,000 people. The events page on the coronavirus site will be updated as new information becomes available.
In response to the omicron wave and the increased infectiousness of omicron, it is strongly advised as follows:
Consider not serving food and drinks at indoor events, so that attendees can wear their face covering throughout the event. If the venue is small and face-to-face interaction is expected, it is even more advisable not to serve food and drinks.
Consider moving events outdoors, or holding planned events remotely, depending upon the nature of the event.
Many individuals are choosing to limit their in-person exposure to other people right now, so expect many people to decline event invitations or not attend in-person as planned.
Welcome to Berkeley Law Event Services
Welcome to Berkeley Law Event Services, Spring 2022! During this time of transition back to campus, we are here to support zoom meetings and webinars, live streamed events and limited in-person meetings.
Please click here for information regarding hosting events at UC Berkeley.
Please click here for a list of off campus venues with outdoor spaces for events.
You can also review UC Berkeley’s Events FAQ here.
For updates on Berkeley Law’s Events Policy, please click here.
Who We Are and What We Do
The Berkeley Law Event Services Unit (ESU) provides planning, management and execution for a wide variety of law school events. ESU is a shared central resource and we offer support in three main areas:
- Major research and academic events not supported by a center
- Dean’s welcome dinners
- Faculty meetings and Faculty workshops
- Dean’s special lectures and events (Rutter Award, Herma Hill Kay Lecture, Jorde Symposium, Tragen Lecture, etc.)
- Dean’s sponsored annual Berkeley Law events for staff and faculty
- Berkeley Law Development & Alumni Relations major events: Alumni Reunion, Swearing-In Ceremony, Citation Award Luncheon, etc.
- Executive Education programs: academies, workshops, custom programs, institutes
- Admissions: Admitted Students Weekend, Berkeley Law Opportunity Scholarship programs, pipeline conferences & other student events
- Student Services: JD Commencement, LLM Commencement
- Event Services provides training and consulting to the law school and specifically for the following groups:
- Student groups and journals
- Academic and research centers
- Various units hosting small-scale or informal events