Welcome to Berkeley Law Event Services
COVID-19 pandemic measures:
Due to the shelter-in-place order issued by Alameda County and the City of Berkeley, the Law Building and Simon Hall are closed and all events cancelled.
This order is in effect through May 3, 2020, but may be extended.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this public health emergency.
Who we are and what do we do:
The Berkeley Law Event Services Unit (ESU) provides planning, management and execution for a wide variety of law school events. Because of high demand for event support and as the ESU is a shared central resource, we offer support in three main categories:
- Major research and academic events not supported by a center
- Dean’s welcome dinners
- Faculty meetings and Faculty workshops
- Dean’s special lectures and events (Rutter Award, Herma Hill Kay Lecture, Jorde Symposium, Tragen Lecture, etc.)
- Dean’s sponsored annual Berkeley Law events for staff and faculty
- Berkeley Law Development & Alumni Relations major events: Alumni Reunion, Swearing-In Ceremony, Citation Award Luncheon, Scholarship Luncheon
- Executive Education programs: academies, workshops, custom programs, institutes
- Admissions: Admitted Students Weekend, Berkeley Law Opportunity Scholarship programs, Regional & Student events
- Student Services: JD Commencement, LLM Commencement
- Event Services provides training and consulting to the law school and specifically for the following groups:
- Student groups and journals
- Academic and research centers
- Various units hosting small-scale or informal events
Need Assistance planning your event? Here’s how!
- Submit a room reservation to email@example.com
- Gather all necessary information before submitting your request
- Event Name
- Proposed Event Location
- Proposed Event Start Date
- Proposed Event End Date
- Proposed Event Start Time
- Proposed Event End Time
- Event Chart-String
- Purpose and Scope of Event
Complete the event services unit intake form
For general inquiries, please email Event Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.