Information about the LL.M. program. Browse the links on this page or use the search box below, which will show you results as you type.
Just start typing what you’re looking for…
- Are there other eligibility or admission standards?
- Application instructions
- Application checklist
- Do you require a minimum GPA?
- Do you have a work requirement?
- Are there formatting requirements for the letters of recommendation?
- How do I send my transcripts/academic records to LSAC?
- Do you accept MyBest TOEFL?
- Do you accept IELTS?
- Do you accept TOEFL scores more than 2 years old?
- Do you accept the TOEFL iBT Home Edition?
- Do you accept the Cambridge English Assessment?
- Do you accept the Duolingo English test?
- Can I waive the English language requirement?
- Do you have any application tips?
- Do you have any tips for the thesis proposal summary?
- What are some common application mistakes?
LL.M. Tracks & Doctoral Programs
- LL.M. executive track
- LL.M. traditional track
- LL.M. thesis track
- JSD/SJD Program
- Ph.D. in Jurisprudence & Social Policy (JSP)
- Cost of attendance
- Cost of living
- Can I pay tuition in installments?
- When is tuition due?
- How much is the deposit? Is the deposit applied to tuition?
- Full-tuition scholarship award
- Matching Consideration Program
- Scholarships for the LL.M. traditional track
- Scholarships for the LL.M. thesis track
- Scholarships for the LL.M. executive track
- UC Berkeley Graduate Division Fellowships & Awards
- Can I transfer a scholarship I received in one track to another?
- Do you offer need-based scholarships?
- When can I apply for your scholarships?
- Do you offer Fulbright supplements?
- Financial aid
- Can I work during my LL.M. degree?
Campus Resources and Services
- Disabled Students’ Program
- Child Care
- Coming with your family
- University Health Service
- University Health Insurance Plan
- University Counseling Services
- Berkeley International Office – Visas
- Parking & Transportation
- English language resources and ESL for families
- Night Safety Services
Law School Support
Certificates of Specialization
- Certificates available by track
- Business Law (LL.M. executive track)
- Business Law (LL.M. traditional and thesis tracks)
- Law & Technology (LL.M. executive track)
- Law & Technology (LL.M. traditional and thesis tracks)
- Environmental Law
- Energy & Clean Technology Law
- International Law
- Public Interest & Social Justice Law
- Can I do more than one certificate?
- Can I pursue a certificate and bar exam eligibility?
- What courses do you offer?
- Do LL.M.s take courses with JD students?
- Can a Berkeley Law LL.M. degree qualify me to take a U.S. bar exam?
- When do classes start/end? Where can I find the academic calendar?
- Do you have a detailed academic calendar for the summer semester or the LL.M. executive track?
- Do you offer online or remote courses?
- Can I transfer to the JD program after my LL.M.?
- Our faculty
Requirements & Graduation
- Academic Rules
- Supplemental Academic Rules for LL.M. traditional and thesis track students
- Pro bono for LL.M.s
- Advocacy competitions
- Can LL.M.s participate in the clinical program?
- Can LL.M.s do externships?
Journals & Organizations
- Housing overview
- On-campus, university-owned housing
- University-owned family housing
- Berkeley International House
- Off-campus, private housing
- East Bay neighborhood guide