The School of Law is located on the southeast corner of the UC Berkeley campus and overlooks the campus and San Francisco Bay.
The law complex consists of five structures located at the corner of Piedmont and Bancroft Avenues.
- The Law Building, built in 1951 and extensively renovated in 1996, contains classrooms, mock courtrooms, an auditorium, administrative offices and law library reading rooms.
- North Addition, completed in 1996, contains faculty offices; a faculty lounge; and other parts of the law library, including two reading rooms, a study atrium, and a separate area for the Robbins Religious and Civil Law Collection.
- Simon Hall, converted from a residence hall built in 1967 and completely renovated in 1996, now houses a student lounge; a reception room; a café; two outdoor dining and study areas; and offices for faculty, the clinics, student journals, and student organizations, many with spectacular views of San Francisco Bay or the Berkeley hills.
- The Jurisprudence and Social Policy Program building, located adjacent to the law complex, includes a library, a seminar room, a kitchen-lounge, and faculty offices.
- The South Addition, a modern 55,000-square-foot building completed 2011. It houses our law library, cafe and dining areas, and a lecture hall.
Touring the Campus
Student-led tours of the Berkeley main campus are available from Monday to Saturday at 10 a.m. and on Sunday at 1 p.m. For more information and tour locations, please contact UC Berkeley Visitor Services at 510-642-5215 or visit www.berkeley.edu/visitors. (Please note these are not tours of the Law building).
You are welcome to visit the School of Law. Please go to the Admissions section of the website. There you can plan your visit, learn more about applying to Berkeley Law, and check out our calendar for Applicant Information Sessions and other recruiting events.
Candidates accepted to Berkeley Law will be sent more information about visiting with their offer of admission. We invite you to attend Admitted Students Day and we will help fund your airfare for that event. If you are unable to attend, we offer Admitted Student Information Sessions and will happily connect you with current students and arrange for you to observe a class in session and have lunch at Cafe Zeb.
Admitted Students Day offers many activities, including a mock class and tours of Berkeley Law and the Berkeley campus. You will have lunch with current students; attend presentations by the Office of Career Development, the Financial Aid Office, and clinical programs; and meet some of our faculty and alumni. Detailed information will be mailed to you in advance of the event.
Prospective Visiting Scholars
Interested in becoming a Visiting Scholar or Researcher at Berkeley Law? Please see the Visiting Scholars section of the website for more information.