Launched in 2015 with the support of a generous gift from Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Startup@BerkeleyLaw is a collaboration between the Berkeley Center for Law and Business (BCLB) and the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology (BCLT).
Startup@BerkeleyLaw delivers dynamic programming for law students, entrepreneurs, and investors on current and emerging issues facing early stage companies – delivering cutting-edge legal training for aspiring startup lawyers while enabling entrepreneurs at Berkeley and beyond.
|Read what BCLB’s executive director and faculty had to say about this exciting program and how it came to life!|
For Law Students:
- Curriculum – in 2017-2018, Startup@BerkeleyLaw will sponsor over ten unique courses specifically focused on venture capital finance and entrepreneurship, including our New Business Practicum.
- Programming – Berkeley Law students are invited to participate in our Startup Law Initiative, which pairs law students with attorneys to incorporate new businesses, and our inSITE Fellowship program, which pairs law students with business students to help founders develop and execute business plans.
- Venture Capital Speaker Series – Startup@BerkeleyLaw regularly brings leaders from the venture capital industry to campus, including speakers from 500 Startups, Andreessen Horowitz, AngelList, and Y Combinator.
- FORM+FUND Workshop Series – educational workshops for U.C. entrepreneurs on the legal, financial, and operational aspects of starting a business and office hours featuring leading Silicon Valley venture capitalists and startup lawyers.
- Access to Entrepreneurship – educational workshops and legal services for underrepresented technology entrepreneurs across the country.
- Venture Capital Deal Camp – a four-day program, co-hosted by 500 Startups, focused on the mechanics of dealmaking for investors, executives, and attorneys who want to improve their ability to define, negotiate, and execute early-stage investments.
- Applications for our Fall 2018 FORM+FUND Workshop Series have opened. Please apply here.
- Access to Entrepreneurship launches in July 2017 at the Code2040 Annual Summit in San Francisco.
- The next Venture Capital Deal Camp is August 27-30, 2018. Learn more about the program and apply here.
Our Startup@BerkeleyLaw Partners:
Learn more about the innovation ecosystem at UC Berkeley at BEGIN (the Berkeley Gateway to Innovation)