The Faculty Support Unit (FSU) has as its mission to serve the administrative operations needs generated by the teaching, research, and public service activities of faculty members in residence.
Faculty assistants perform a broad range of administrative responsibilities which include: legal word processing; editing, research; special events coordination; course material compilation and preparation; initiate purchasing, payment, and reimbursement financial transactions; exam administration and proctoring; and training and development.
Faculty Support Unit Mailing Address:
University of California, Berkeley
School of Law, Faculty Support Unit
325 Law Building, Berkeley, CA 94720
Hours of Operation
For general inquiries, please contact Alexander Burr: email@example.com
Please refer to the directory below for contact information for individual FSU team members.
Faculty Support Unit Manager
325B Law Building
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 510-642-5406
- Supports: Urmila Taylor, Kerry S. Kumabe, Cheryl Dyer Berg, Emily Berry, Linda Tam, Annie Reding, Robin Allan, Lindsay Sturges Saffouri, Patricia Plunkett Hurley, Michelle Cole, Margaret Wu, Sarah M. Laubach, Veronica Santarosa, Abbye Atkinson
Lisa Bazan has won numerous baking awards since joining Berkeley Law, which is unsurprising given her aptitude for excellence.
- Email: email@example.com | Tel: 510-643-9140
- Supports: Katerina Linos, Henry Hecht, Manisha Padi, Eric Biber, Sean Farhang, Christopher Kutz
Annais Bendeganavale holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Berkeley. While at Berkeley, she pursued a double major in Political Science and Legal Studies. As an undergraduate, she gained valuable experience working for the OURS National Scholarships Office and participated in the UCDC program in Washington, D.C. Beyond her professional pursuits, Annais is a weightlifting enthusiast who enjoys spending quality time with her dogs and immersing herself in captivating books during her leisure moments.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 510-643-1021
- Faculty Support Unit Manager
Alex Burr joined Berkeley Law as the Faculty Support Unit (FSU) Manager in 2019 and has worked on campus since 2013. Alex is responsible for directly supervising all FSU full- and part-time staff to ensure high quality of service. He enjoys helping the FSU team to thrive so that each faculty assistant is best positioned to provide excellent support to our faculty and serve the greater community.
- Email: email@example.com
- Supports: Melvin Eisenberg
Ramiro is a recent Cal graduate who was conferred a B.A. in Economics. He is excited to be rejoining the FSU after having worked there his senior year of undergrad. Given his deep interests in the Law, he hopes to be joining the Law School as a student in following years. In his free time, he enjoys serving one of his City’s Commissions, and talking about contemporary issues.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 510-643-4653
- Supports: Aaron Edlin, David Carrillo, Dylan Penningroth, Tejas Narechania, Rebecca Wexler, Peter Menell, Jeremy Fogel, Laurent Mayali, Advocacy Competitions Program, Frank Partnoy, Rick Trachok
Nasina, a San Francisco Bay Area native, graduated from UC Berkeley in 2021 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Global Studies: Global Development and, following graduation, worked for the university as a college advisor fellow before joining the FSU team at Berkeley Law. She enjoys yoga and creating nutritious meals for her and her family during her free time.
- Email: email@example.com | Tel: 510-642-3627
- Supports: Holly Doremus, Mallika Kaur, Rachel Stern, Sharon Jacobs, David B. Oppenheimer, Jodi Collova, Elena Chachko
Jessie is an East Bay native and received her B.S. in Environmental Systems (Ecology, Behavior and Evolution) from UC San Diego in 2020. As an undergrad, she conducted research of both corn genetics and the California poppy, and she worked in the UCSD Teaching + Learning Commons, where she discovered and nurtured her interest in academic affairs. Jessie enjoys getting to collaborate with faculty, staff, and students in her role at Berkeley Law. In her free time, Jessie enjoys taking classes at Berkeley Art Studio and exploring the Bay area with her friends.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 510-664-5576
- Supports: Hanoch Dagan, Russell Robinson, Eric Rakowski, Stavros Gadinis, Ken Bamberger, Andrea Roth, Dan Farber, Mark Yudof, Richard Perry, José Argueta Funes
Elena Gonzalez (she/hers) is an East Bay native and received her BA in International Relations and Spanish from the University of San Diego. There, she developed her passion for connecting with local communities through direct services. Most recently, she worked in the Housing Practice at the East Bay Community Law Center as an intake/program coordinator. Elena enjoys exploring new hiking trails all over the Bay Area, traveling, and trying new local coffee shops.
Taylor Hawkins BA
- Email: email@example.com | Telephone: 510-642-9001
- Supports: Osagie Obasogie, Ian Haney Lopez, Jonah Gelback, Harry Scheiber, Molly Van Houweling, Marjorie Shultz, Frank Zimring
Taylor Hawkins graduated from San Jose State University in 2021 with a B.A. in Political Science and minor in Legal Studies. As an undergraduate, she presented at the International Studies Association 2021 Annual Convention and is a proud member of the National Political Science Honor Society, Pi Sigma Alpha — Epsilon Iota Chapter. In her previous role, she worked as a legal assistant to a sole-practitioner attorney who specializes in Probate, Social Security Disability, and Personal Injury. In her free time, she enjoys having movie marathons and getting creative with her drawing skills. Taylor is a Bay Area native and is very excited to be working at Berkeley Law.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone: 510-643-3525
- Supports: Saira Mohamed, Jennifer M. Urban, John C. Yoo, Kathryn Abrams, Abhay Aneja, William H.D. Fernholz, Colleen Chien, Scotia Hicks, Judge Alexandra Robert-Gordon
Jenny graduated from UC Berkeley in 2020 with a dual degree in Political Economy and Media Studies and a minor is Global Poverty & Practice. She previously worked as a Program Coordinator at Inequality Media and a paralegal at Legal Services for Children prior to joining the FSU at Berkeley Law. She is originally from sunny San Diego, and during her free time, she enjoys walking her dogs and taking naps.
- Email: email@example.com | Tel: 510-643-7654
- Supports: Center for Law and Work (Christina Chung), Catherine Fisk, Susan Whitman, Mark Gergen, Seth Davis, Charles Weisselberg, Victoria Plaut, Robert Cooter
Dohee Kim (she/hers) graduated from UC Berkeley with a BA in Sociology and joined the FSU team in December 2021. She is deeply interested in community building and hopes to address social issues collectively with others throughout her professional career. Before joining the FSU, she worked as the Office Manager and Civic Engagement Program Manager for YWCA Berkeley/Oakland, a racial justice & gender-equity-focused non-profit. Her passion for housing advocacy and experience in local city politics have led her to serve as a commissioner for the Zoning Adjustments Board in Berkeley. She hopes to apply her professional experience at the intersection of law and policy to help address community-based needs. In her free time, she enjoys jamming and tinkering with instruments.
- Supports: Pamela Samuelson, Andrew Bradt, Prasad Krishnamurthy, Rob Merges, Emily Zhang, Diana Redy, David Grewal, William Fletcher, Mai Linh Spencer, Bob Infelise
Midori Kimata graduated from San Francisco Art Institute with a BA in contemporary art history. In her previous position, she worked at a lawyer referral center for artists, musicians, and inventors. She is an East Bay resident by way of New York and Tokyo. In a matter of time, she expects to be an all-embracing cat lady.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 510-643-5005
- Supports: Kinch Hoekstra, Ayalete Shachar, Robert Berring, John Coons, Chris Hoofnagle, Amanda Tyler
Jennifer joined the FSU after spending five years working as a legal process clerk for the Superior Court of California, Yolo County, where she primarily processed and prepared the civil, juvenile delinquency, and juvenile dependency appeals. In 2014, Jennifer received a B.A. in Communication from UC Davis, with an emphasis on organizational and interpersonal communication and a minor in Art Studio. While attending college, she worked for a private attorney which led to her interest in the legal field. In her free time she enjoys reading and traveling.
K8 Schultz, MAT
- Email: email@example.com | Tel: 510-643-3537
- Supports: Jon Gould, Orin Kerr, Jonathan Glater, Kristen Holmquist, Diana DiGennaro, Erika Hernandez, Sarah Song, Ofer Eldar, Meir Dan-Cohen, Jesse Choper, Robert Cole