Room Planning Services
Non-class related use of Law School rooms for events
All room concerns for Law Classes: contact the Law Registrar. It is prohibited for this office to make any changes to, or reservations for, Law Classes.
The Law School’s facilities, including the classrooms, event and auditorium space, and indoor and outdoor tabling and reception space, are reserved exclusively for use by the Law School.
- Only Berkeley Law faculty, departments, centers, and registered student organizations in good standing may reserve Berkeley Law facilities.
- During the designated Review Sessions/Reading Period, only law school meetings that are exclusively for faculty and/or staff may be scheduled in law school space. Meetings, events, etc. that include students or other members of the law school community are not permitted.
- During the Final Examinations Period no events can be scheduled in the Law School, except those related to the administration of exams. The only exception to this is that faculty meetings may occur in the Warren Room, so long as they are not disruptive of the administration of exams.
- Facilities must be used in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, including ADA regulations, as well as in accordance with University policies and procedures. For details see UCPD Rules of Conduct In Campus Buildings.
- Due to law class schedule adjustments early each semester event requests cannot be immediately confirmed but are held in the system with an approved status. This holds the space and does not allow another group to reserve “over” your reservation. We cannot issue a final confirmation until the Registrar’s Office releases the rooms; or until three (3) days before your event, whichever comes first.
- The Law School reserves the right to move events from a requested room or cancel events if they become in conflict with the Law School’s priorities.
- NOTE: all information on this site is subject to change to ensure compliance with public health and safety protocols, City of Berkeley orders, UCB alcohol policies, food and catering requirements, and space capacity limits.
For all Berkeley Law students, staff and faculty:
Event, Catering and Food Policy
This policy continues in effect as part of our COVID-19 response, and applies to all events held at Berkeley Law. For questions about event policy contact the Building Oversight Committee.
Event, Catering and Food Policy (on Berkeley Law website)
Room Request News
Fall 2022 system opening (Subject to change pending public health conditions)
The Law room system is open for requests in the Fall semester on Aug 1st.
Requests will initially be given an ‘approved-conditional’ status as final adjustments to class schedules will be ongoing for the first few weeks of the semester.
Events will be given a confirmed status as soon as possible.
Room Tools – essential links
Room Request System Address (EMS Web App)
Classroom Resource Tool
- Overview of law classrooms and equipment
- Law Event Services
- Law Building Services
- Law Media Services
- Campus E H & S Food Permit info and request
- EH&S Food Permit request only
- Off-hours Building Entry- Graphic of building with locations of doors here (PDF will download to your browser) Law Staff, Students, and Faculty with active Cal ID cards (Cal 1 card) can use the card readers at any one of four doors.
Requesting Rooms and Room Accounts, if you are:
All Berkeley Room System Users →ALL NEW!← System Upgrade How-To: A compact guide to all updated and new features
Please see the How To–Berkeley Law Room System section
Berkeley Law Student Body — Study/Conference Room Reservations via the Web
Berkeley Law Student Organizations and Journals — Class Room Requests via the Web
Please see the Student Term of Use section and the Room Request Basics for Registered Law Student Organizations and Journals
Berkeley Law Staff, Centers and Faculty — Room Requests via the Web
Alternative Event Spaces
- Due to the full class schedule at the Law School space is very limited.
- Should you not be able to procure a room at the Law School, the ESU has compiled a list of other spaces available for rent on and off campus for your consideration.
- Note: this is informational only and does not endorse any individual facility. If you wish to schedule an event at one of these facilities contact that facility directly for rates and details, Room Planning does not schedule events outside the Law School.
- Alternate Event Spaces
For inquiries into room availability, usage or general questions, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you prefer Mail:
University of California, Berkeley
Room Planning, Room 312
Berkeley, CA 94720-7200