Room Planning Services
Non-class related use of rooms for events
Berkeley Law facilities that are not scheduled for use by classes or class-related activities may be made available, by reservation, for meetings and other events.
- Only Berkeley Law faculty, departments, centers, and registered student organizations in good standing may book Berkeley Law facilities.
- Facilities must be used in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, including ADA regulations, as well as in accordance with University policies and procedures. Please see UCPD document Rules of Conduct In Campus Buildings for details.
- The Law School reserves the right to move events from a requested room or cancel events if they become in conflict with the Law School’s priorities.
Room Request News Box
Summer Semester 2019
Summer is open for requests in VEMS as of today, April 29 2019.
***NEW*** Study rooms 239C, 239D and 239E are not available starting 5/17 due to the flooring project. Stay tuned for a reopening date. ***NEW***
There is a massive floor replacement project ongoing this summer. Access and availability of rooms will be limited.
Exam days this summer are: June 3, June 24, July 18, August 9 and August 12. The same use restrictions apply to these exam dates as are observed for academic year exams .
Fall Semester 2019
We do not have an opening date for Fall 2019 semester in the VEMS system. Please watch this space for announcements.
Room Request System Address:
- Students, faculty and staff of Berkeley Law may request an account on the Berkeley Law room request system.
- Non-Berkeley Law persons cannot have accounts but can browse calendar information and links.
- The system is located at the following address: http://ems.law.berkeley.edu/VirtualEMS
Students, faculty and staff of Berkeley Law can request an account by going to the room request system link above and following the instructions there.
Requesting Rooms and Room Accounts, if you are:
Berkeley Law Student Body — Study/Conference Room Reservations via the Web
Berkeley Law Student Organizations and Journals — Class Room Requests via the Web
Please see the Student Term of Use section and the Request Basics for Student Orgs and Journals section
Berkeley Law Staff, Centers and Faculty — Room Requests via the Web
Make your request as far in advance of you event as possible
- Room Planning will make every effort to approve your request as quickly as possible, allow a minimum of 48 hours for processing.
- Facilities (room set up) and Media (AV equipment) both require a minimum of three (3) days advance notice after your request has been confirmed.
- Requests for rooms on a weekend day must be placed at least two weeks in advance as the weekend room opening must be arranged with other Campus units and that request must be processed by them.
- Please plan accordingly.
Alternative Event Spaces
- Due to the full class schedule at the Law School space is very limited.
- Should you not be able to procure a room at the Law School, we have compiled a list of other spaces available for rent on and off campus for your consideration.
- Note: this is informational only and does not endorse any individual facility. If you wish to schedule an event at one of these facilities contact that facility directly for rates and details, Room Planning does not schedule events outside the Law School. Click: Alternate spaces PDF document
For inquiries into room availability, usage or general questions, send email to email@example.com
Or if you prefer Mail:
Room Planning, EMS Administrator
Berkeley Law, Room 312
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720