Room Planning Services
Non-class related use of rooms for events
The Law School’s facilities, including the classrooms, event and auditorium space, and indoor and outdoor tabling and reception space, are reserved exclusively for use by the Law School.
- Only Berkeley Law faculty, departments, centers, and registered student organizations in good standing may reserve Berkeley Law facilities.
- During the designated Review Sessions/Reading Period, only law school meetings that are exclusively for faculty and/or staff may be scheduled in law school space. Meetings, events, etc. that include students or other members of the law school community are not permitted.
- During the Final Examinations Period no events can be scheduled in the Law School, except those related to the administration of exams. The only exception to this is that faculty meetings may occur in the Warren Room, so long as they are not disruptive of the administration of exams.
- Facilities must be used in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, including ADA regulations, as well as in accordance with University policies and procedures. For details see UCPD document Rules of Conduct In Campus Buildings .
- The Law School reserves the right to move events from a requested room or cancel events if they become in conflict with the Law School’s priorities.
Room Request News Box
Fall Semester 2019
Fall 2019 semester is open for room requests in VEMS as of Monday July 1, 2019.
Room Tool Box
Room Request System Address (VEMS)
- Starting place for account request and regular access: http://ems.law.berkeley.edu/VirtualEMS/
Classroom Resource Tool
- Overview of classrooms and equipment: https://www.law.berkeley.edu/information-systems-technology/instructional-technology/media-services/classroom-technology/
- Law Building Services: https://www.law.berkeley.edu/building-services/
- Law Media Services: https://www.law.berkeley.edu/information-systems-technology/instructional-technology/media-services/
- Campus E H & S Food Permit info and request link: https://ehs.berkeley.edu/food-water-safety/how-do-i-get-special-event-temporary-food-permit
- Permit request only: https://jwas.ehs.berkeley.edu/eventpermit
Requesting Rooms and Room Accounts, if you are:
Berkeley Law Student Body — Study/Conference Room Reservations via the Web
Berkeley Law Student Organizations and Journals — Class Room Requests via the Web
Please see the Student Term of Use section and the Request Basics for Student Orgs and Journals section
Berkeley Law Staff, Centers and Faculty — Room Requests via the Web
Make your request as far in advance of you event as possible
- Room Planning will make every effort to approve your request as quickly as possible, allow a minimum of 48 hours for processing.
- Facilities (room set up) and Media (AV equipment) both require a minimum of three (3) days advance notice after your request has been confirmed.
- Requests for rooms on a weekend day must be placed at least two weeks in advance as the weekend room opening must be arranged with other Campus units and that request must be processed by them.
- Please plan accordingly.
Alternative Event Spaces
- Due to the full class schedule at the Law School space is very limited.
- Should you not be able to procure a room at the Law School, we have compiled a list of other spaces available for rent on and off campus for your consideration.
- Note: this is informational only and does not endorse any individual facility. If you wish to schedule an event at one of these facilities contact that facility directly for rates and details, Room Planning does not schedule events outside the Law School.
- Alternate spaces PDF document
For inquiries into room availability, usage or general questions, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you prefer Mail:
Room Planning, EMS Administrator
Berkeley Law, Room 312
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720