Room Planning Services
Non-class related use of Law School rooms for events
The Law School’s facilities, including the classrooms, event and auditorium space, and indoor and outdoor tabling and reception space, are reserved exclusively for use by the Law School.
- Only Berkeley Law faculty, departments, centers, and registered student organizations in good standing may reserve Berkeley Law facilities.
- During the designated Review Sessions/Reading Period, only law school meetings that are exclusively for faculty and/or staff may be scheduled in law school space. Meetings, events, etc. that include students or other members of the law school community are not permitted.
- During the Final Examinations Period no events can be scheduled in the Law School, except those related to the administration of exams. The only exception to this is that faculty meetings may occur in the Warren Room, so long as they are not disruptive of the administration of exams.
- Facilities must be used in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, including ADA regulations, as well as in accordance with University policies and procedures. For details see UCPD Rules of Conduct In Campus Buildings.
- Due to law class schedule adjustments early each semester event requests cannot be immediately confirmed but are held in the system with an approved status. This holds the space and does not allow another group to reserve “over” your reservation. We cannot issue a final confirmation until the Registrar’s Office releases the rooms; or until three (3) days before your event, whichever comes first.
- The Law School reserves the right to move events from a requested room or cancel events if they become in conflict with the Law School’s priorities.
Room Request News
Fall 2021 Event Policy (revised)
Events will be phased in over the the Fall semester.
Due to the recent sweeping changes in requirements regarding food and beverages on campus, the Fall 2021 Event Policy is being revised. We will post the revisions as soon as possible.
Student Org Webinar Account
Student Services offers a Zoom webinar account for Law School Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) to host events. This service is free to use and we will offer scheduling and training resources to prepare for your event. Student Services Webinar Account
The law school and UC Campus are working towards the return to campus for students, staff and faculty. There will be an announcement to the Berkeley Law community when we are ready to resume event planning activities.
U.C. Berkeley Campus COVID-19 updates and resources
Room Tools – essential links
Room Request System Address (EMS Web App)
Classroom Resource Tool
- Overview of law classrooms and equipment
- Law Building Services
- Law Media Services
- Campus E H & S Food Permit info and request
- EH&S Food Permit request only
Requesting Rooms and Room Accounts, if you are:
All Berkeley Room System Users →ALL NEW!← System Upgrade How-To: A compact guide to all updated and new features
Please see the How To–Berkeley Law Room System section
Berkeley Law Student Body — Study/Conference Room Reservations via the Web
Berkeley Law Student Organizations and Journals — Class Room Requests via the Web
Please see the Student Term of Use section and the Room Request Basics for Registered Law Student Organizations and Journals
Berkeley Law Staff, Centers and Faculty — Room Requests via the Web
Alternative Event Spaces
- Due to the full class schedule at the Law School space is very limited.
- Should you not be able to procure a room at the Law School, the ESU has compiled a list of other spaces available for rent on and off campus for your consideration.
- Note: this is informational only and does not endorse any individual facility. If you wish to schedule an event at one of these facilities contact that facility directly for rates and details, Room Planning does not schedule events outside the Law School.
- Alternate Event Spaces
For inquiries into room availability, usage or general questions, send email to email@example.com
Or if you prefer Mail:
Room Planning, EMS Administrator
Berkeley Law, Room 312
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720