Frequently Asked Questions

Event Planning

Only Berkeley Law faculty, departments, centers, and registered student organizations in good standing may reserve Berkeley Law facilities free-of-charge.

Booking a room can be done directly through Room Planning Services. Please visit Berkeley Law Room Reservations for directions on how to book a room. 

No cooking of any kind is permitted at the law school.

Please visit the Room Request Basics for information on safe food handling and food selling permits.

As of September 1, 2019, Berkeley Law Event Services no longer orders or uses balloon arches or other balloon products (latex or mylar) due to environmental and sustainability issues. 

For balloon alternatives, please consult with your Event Planner.

Please contact Media Services –

You can also request a walk through with the Media Services team to see when they’re available to show you how to use the equipment in the room(s)

You can contact our Event Services Team to discuss different set-up options for each room before submitting your room setup request to Facilities.