Travel & Lodging


UC Travel Policy

Before you plan or take a trip, read the “UC Travel Policy in a Nutshell” fliers (see below) and/or Travel FAQ’s.  As UC’s policies for Hosted Guests differ slightly than those for Students, Staff and Faculty, if you would like to send information on our policies to your hosted guests prior to their trip, please make sure to select the “Travel Policy in a Nutshell – Hosted guests” flier.

Travel Roles

Travel How-To


If you are making hotel reservations for out-of-town guests, here are some options close to or on campus:

Bancroft Hotel

Berkeley City Club

Claremont Hotel

DoubleTree Berkeley Marina

Faculty Club

Graduate Berkeley

Hotel Shattuck Plaza

Women’s Faculty Club

UC Berkeley sets daily lodging limits for domestic trips under 30 days is set at a $275 room rate, excluding taxes and fees.

You can view a current list of hotels, venues and caterers with whom the University holds Master Service Agreements here. Please note that UC employees must pay out-of-pocket for their lodging expenses and be reimbursed after-the-fact.

If you have questions about booking a block of hotel rooms for a conference, please email the Berkeley Law Events team.