ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES FORM
Print out the “Notice of Event at which Alcoholic Beverages Will Be Served” form (in PDF).
CAMPUS POLICIES PERTAINING TO THE USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
The Campus requires that the following procedures be followed whenever alcoholic beverages are served at events on campus where faculty, students, and /or staff are present:
- The event shall be sponsored by a Unit or Department of the University.
- Use of the facility involved shall be approved by the office having responsibility for that facility.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be sold either directly or indirectly by some mechanism such as the exchange of tickets that have been purchased or by the use of funds from admission charges, dues, donations, or other payments collected in connection with admission to the event.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be purchased from State Registration Fee appropriations.
- The sponsor of the event shall establish controls that will ensure that all persons present in the area where the alcoholic beverages are served and consumed are at least 21 years of age.
- The event shall be open to a prescribed group only.
- The sponsor of any such event or his/her designee shall be present at the event and shall be responsible for the maintenance of proper decorum and compliance with law and relevant University and campus regulations.
PROCEDURES AT BOALT FOR OBTAINING APPROVAL FOR SERVING ALCOHOL AT AN EVENT
- Print out the “Notice of Event at which Alcoholic Beverages Will Be Served” form (in PDF).
- Obtain the approval of the sponsoring unit at Boalt.
- Obtain facility approval from the Director of Administration (315 Boalt, 652-1155).
- Return the completed form to the Special Events Coordinator at 1 Sproul Hall at least SEVEN (7) working days before the event.
Please call the Coordinator at 642-0799 if you have any questions.
Note: Facility approval is not granted for the serving of alcohol at Boalt for events taking place on weekdays before the conclusion of classes.