PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING APPROVAL FOR SERVING ALCOHOL AT AN EVENT
CAMPUS POLICIES PERTAINING TO THE USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
The Campus requires that the following procedures be followed whenever alcoholic beverages are served at events on campus where faculty, students, and /or staff are present:
- The event shall be sponsored by a Unit or Department of the University.
- Use of the facility involved shall be approved by the office having responsibility for that facility.
- State law prohibits the unlicensed sale of alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages shall not be sold either directly or indirectly by some mechanism such as the exchange of tickets that have been purchased or by the use of funds from admission charges, dues, donations, or other payments collected in connection with admission to the event.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be purchased from State Registration Fee appropriations.
- The sponsor of the event shall establish controls that will ensure that all persons present in the area where the alcoholic beverages are served and consumed are at least 21 years of age.
- The event shall be open to a prescribed group only.
- The sponsor of any such event or his/her designee shall be present at the event and shall be responsible for the maintenance of proper decorum and compliance with law and relevant University and campus regulations.
Note: Facility approval is not granted for the serving of alcohol for events taking place on weekdays before the conclusion of classes.