SUMMARY OF PROGRAM
- Thomas Feddo of the U.S. Department of Treasury on the future of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States;
- Annemiek Wilpshaar of the European Commission, and Scott Fitzgerald of the U.S. Department of Justice, explore the interplay of regulatory regimes with M&A and deal risk;
- Nobel laureate and U.C. Berkeley Professor Saul Perlmutter on how science can inform law and business;
- Wall Street Journal reporters, Maureen Farrell and Eliot Brown, share insights on their forthcoming book on WeWork;
- Alex Stamos, former Chief Security Officer at Facebook, explores global oversight of cybersecurity and data privacy by boards and legal departments;
- The Honorable Kathaleen McCormick, Vice Chancellor, Delaware Court of Chancery, contemplates directions in Delaware corporate and case law;
- Rizvan Dhalla, Head of Technology Corporate Finance Execution at Morgan Stanley, Barry McCarthy, board member and former CFO at Spotify, and Kristin Sverchek, General Counsel at Lyft, explore direct listings, lock-up missteps, dual class twists, and other lessons learned from recent capital markets activity; and
- The heads of M&A and legal from HP Enterprise, Square, and Salesforce, discuss best practices and new technologies for managing M&A in 2020.
The forum is co-hosted by Ethan Klingsberg, Partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, and Steven Davidoff Solomon, Professor of Law and Faculty Co-Director of the Berkeley Center for Law and Business.
Thank you to our co-sponsors:
Investors, corporate executives, corporate counsel, financial and legal advisors, and academics. This event is by invitation-only. For more information or to request an invitation, please email email@example.com.
A convening of over 200 leaders to navigate the ever-changing regulatory and deal-making landscape of innovations of M&A and corporate governance.
Valet parking is available at the hotel.