UC Berkeley hosts an intimate discussion about the critical issues, technologies, and policies that drive financial fraud around the world.
We are pleased to announce that we will be partnering with In-House Focus to provide a seamless, user-friendly, and interactive virtual experience. You will be able to simply log onto the Fraud Fest platform on the day of the event and you will automatically be guided from one live session to the next in sync with the conference agenda. Admissions include access to videos of the presentations which will be made available after the conference.
Promo Video from the 2020 Fraud Fest:
AGENDA AND SPEAKER BIOS
Berkeley’s annual “Fraud Fest” program brings together thought leaders from the worlds of academia, finance, journalism, law, and more for an intimate discussion on the critical issues, technologies, and policies driving financial fraud around the world. Our 2019 symposium brought over 200 experts and practitioners to the Bay Area and we look forward to continuing the conversation with you in 2020 over Zoom!
Trailer from the 2019 Fraud Fest:
Speakers for 2020 include:
- Anat Admati, Stanford School of Business
- Abbye Atkinson, University of California, Berkeley
- Randy Baron, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd
- Carson Block, Muddy Waters Research
- Chris Carey, Sharesleuth.com
- Jim Chanos, Kynikos Associates
- Jesse Eisinger, ProPublica
- David Enrich, New York Times, author of Dark Towers
- Maureen Farrell, Wall Street Journal, co-author of a forthcoming book about WeWork
- Mike Floyd, Qverity
- Alex Gibney, Academy Award winning documentary filmmaker
- Herb Greenberg, Pacific Square Research
- Diana Henriques, author of The Wizard of Lies
- Robert Jackson, NYU School of Law and former SEC Commissioner
- Scott James, Data Collective
- Cory Johnson, entrepreneur, investor and journalist
- Michele Johnson, Latham & Watkins
- Erika Kelton, Phillips & Cohen
- Dan Krauss, filmmaker
- Matt Levine, Bloomberg
- Linette Lopez, Business Insider
- Omeed Malik, Farvahar Partners
- Bethany McLean, author of The Smartest Guys in the Room
- Michael Osnato, Simpson Thacher
- Frank Partnoy, University of California, Berkeley
- Fahmi Quadir, Safkhet Capital
- The Honorable Jed S. Rakoff, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Steven Davidoff Solomon, University of California, Berkeley
- Jordan Thomas, Labaton Sucharow
- Josh Wolfe, Lux
- Alexandra Wrage, TRACE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW 2019 SYMPOSIUM
CLICK HERE TO VIEW 2018 SYMPOSIUM
Thank you to our generous co-sponsors for making this event possible:
Finance professionals and attorneys
An intimate discussion of the critical issues, technologies, and policies that drive financial fraud around the world.
June 23-25 2020
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
This will be a virtual conference on Zoom. Panel/keynote sessions will be limited to 30 minutes and each session will be followed by a 20 minute small-group facilitated breakout.
The program fee is $200 per person. The proceeds will be used by the Berkeley Center for Law and Business for programs and initiatives related to the study of financial fraud.
MCLE credit will be offered.