About the Climate Program
As nations, states and cities around the world take action to curb greenhouse gas emissions, they need practical, tested policies to achieve a smooth transition. CLEE’s climate program works to develop, analyze, and disseminate the suite of legal options available to them.
We have worked closely with California’s state and local leaders on their pioneering climate policies and programs as an effective model for jurisdictions beyond our borders. Our program convenes stakeholders, researches effective policy responses, and promotes resulting ideas through policy reports.
Ultimately, the transition to an economy powered by clean technologies will require significant investment and innovation from the private sector. We are committed to providing the needed policy guidance to catalyze this investment and ensure cost-effective technology deployment for the clean economy of the future.
Our flagship Program
The Climate Change & Business Research Initiative engages business, nonprofit and government leaders in a collaborative project to achieve economic and environmental benefits from California’s climate policies and program.
Our 17 reports in this series, spanning seven sectors of the economy, are available via climatepolicysolutions.org.
The Climate Change & Business Research Initiative is a collaborative effort with the Emmett Institute at the UCLA School of Law and is generously supported by Bank of America.
- Low Income, High Efficiency: Policies to Expand Low-Income Multifamily Energy Savings Retrofits (June 2019)
- Insuring California in a Changing Climate: Adapting the Industry to New Needs, Risks, and Opportunities (Mar 2019)
- Policy Brief: Low-Income Multifamily Energy Savings Retrofits: Solutions to Increase Access to Incentives and Unlock Benefits (Jan 2019)
- Streamlining Sustainability: Regulatory and Permitting Improvements to Achieve California’s Freight Goals (Dec 2018)
- A New Solar Landscape: Improving County-Level Landscape Planning for Utility-Scale Solar PV Facilities (Nov 2018)
- Implementing SB 743: An Analysis of Vehicle Miles Traveled Banking and Exchange Frameworks (Oct 2018)
- Trial by Fire: Managing Climate Risks Facing Insurers in the Golden State (Sep 2018)
- Policy Solutions to Boost Zero-Emission Freight at Southern California’s Ports (Aug 2018)
- Delivering the Goods: How California can create the Sustainable Freight System of the Future (Mar 2018)
- Beyond the Beltway: A Report on State Energy and Climate Policies (Feb 2018)