About the Climate Program
As nations, states and cities around the world take action to curb greenhouse gas emissions, they need practical, tested policies to achieve a smooth transition. CLEE’s climate program works to develop, analyze, and disseminate the suite of legal options available to them.
We have worked closely with California’s state and local leaders on their pioneering climate policies and programs as an effective model for jurisdictions beyond our borders. Our program convenes stakeholders, researches effective policy responses, and promotes resulting ideas through policy reports.
Ultimately, the transition to an economy powered by clean technologies will require significant investment and innovation from the private sector. We are committed to providing the needed policy guidance to catalyze this investment and ensure cost-effective technology deployment for the clean economy of the future.
Our flagship Program
The Climate Change & Business Research Initiative engages business, nonprofit and government leaders in a collaborative project to achieve economic and environmental benefits from California’s climate policies and program.
Our 17 reports in this series, spanning seven sectors of the economy, are available via climatepolicysolutions.org.
The Climate Change & Business Research Initiative is a collaborative effort with the Emmett Institute at the UCLA School of Law and is generously supported by Bank of America.
- Electric Vehicles and Global Urban Adoption: Policy Solutions from France and California (Nov 2019)
- From Brussels to the Bay: Climate Risk and Sustainable Finance in the EU and California (Aug 2019)
- Low Income, High Efficiency: Policies to Expand Low-Income Multifamily Energy Savings Retrofits (June 2019)
- Insuring California in a Changing Climate: Adapting the Industry to New Needs, Risks, and Opportunities (Mar 2019)
- Policy Brief: Low-Income Multifamily Energy Savings Retrofits: Solutions to Increase Access to Incentives and Unlock Benefits (Jan 2019)