About the Climate Program
As nations, states and cities around the world take action to curb greenhouse gas emissions, they need practical, tested policies to achieve a smooth transition. CLEE’s climate program works to develop, analyze, and disseminate the suite of legal options available to them.
We have worked closely with California’s state and local leaders on their pioneering climate policies and programs as an effective model for jurisdictions beyond our borders. Our program convenes stakeholders, researches effective policy responses, and promotes resulting ideas through policy reports.
Ultimately, the transition to an economy powered by clean technologies will require significant investment and innovation from the private sector. We are committed to providing the needed policy guidance to catalyze this investment and ensure cost-effective technology deployment for the clean economy of the future.
Our flagship Program
The Climate Change & Business Research Initiative engages business, nonprofit and government leaders in a collaborative project to achieve economic and environmental benefits from California’s climate policies and program.
The series includes over 20 reports spanning seven sectors of the economy, all of which are available at climatepolicysolutions.org.
The Climate Change & Business Research Initiative is a collaborative effort with the Emmett Institute at the UCLA School of Law and is generously supported by Bank of America.
- Investing in Nature as a Climate Solution (June 2021)
- Priorities for Sonoma County’s Wildfire Settlement Vegetation Management Funds (March 2021)
- Data Access for a Decarbonized Grid (February 2021)
- Setting Priorities for Building Decarbonization (January 2021)
- Capturing Opportunity: Law and Policy Solutions to Accelerate Engineered Carbon Removal in California (December 2020)
- Insuring Extreme Heat Risks (December 2020)
- The California Roadmap (September 2020)
- Sustainable Drive, Sustainable Supply: Priorities to Improve the Electric Vehicle Battery Supply Chain (July 2020)
- Clean and Resilient: Policy Solutions for California’s Grid of the Future (June 2020)
- Legal Grounds: Law and Policy Options to Facilitate a Phase-out of Fossil Fuel Production in California (April 2020)
- Building a Sustainable Electric Vehicle Battery Supply Chain: Frequently Asked Questions (April 2020)
- California Climate Risk: Insurance-Based Approaches to Mitigation and Resilience (December 2019)