About the Climate Program
As nations, states and cities around the world take action to curb greenhouse gas emissions, they need practical, tested policies to achieve a smooth transition. CLEE’s climate program works to develop, analyze, and disseminate the suite of legal options available to them.
We have worked closely with California’s state and local leaders on their pioneering climate policies and programs as an effective model for jurisdictions beyond our borders. Our program convenes stakeholders, researches effective policy responses, and promotes resulting ideas through policy reports.
Ultimately, the transition to an economy powered by clean technologies will require significant investment and innovation from the private sector. We are committed to providing the needed policy guidance to catalyze this investment and ensure cost-effective technology deployment for the clean economy of the future.
- Electric Vehicle Batteries: A Guidebook for Responsible Corporate Engagement Throughout the Supply Chain (September 2023)
- Supercharging Electrolyzers (December 2022)
- Policy Options for Sustainable Aviation in California (October 2022)
- Ahead of the Herd (September 2022)
- Hot, Cold & Clean: Policy Solutions to Promote Equitable and Affordable Adoption of Heat Pump Retrofits in Existing Buildings (July 2022)
- Driving Equity (May 2022)
- Branching Out (May 2022)
- No Time to Waste: Governing Cobalt Amid the Energy Transition (March 2022)
- Analyzing Rail Transit Project Costs and Delays (January 2022)
- Flexibility and Climate Alignment in California Transportation Funding (October 2021)
- Investing in Nature as a Climate Solution (June 2021)
- Priorities for Sonoma County’s Wildfire Settlement Vegetation Management Funds (March 2021)
- Data Access for a Decarbonized Grid (February 2021)
- Setting Priorities for Building Decarbonization (January 2021)