CLEE’s two corporate giving programs include events and activities designed to connect you to distinguished leaders and future colleagues within the network of a #1 ranked environmental law program. Get visibility within the environmental law community, participate in exclusive events, and help provide the funds CLEE needs to continue addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues.
1. CLEE Partners Program
All Partners are acknowledged with name and logo placement in CLEE’s battery of live, print, and digital communications to an audience of more than 5,500 people working at the intersection of law, policy, and the environment. This includes decision-makers working at the local, national, and international levels: regulatory agency leaders, general counsel, academicians, advocacy spokespeople, students, and journalists. The Program operates on a calendar year cycle (Jan-Dec), with pledges due by January 31st of the coming year. The programs below will take place live or virtually, depending on the community health situation.
Blue | $7,500
- A table at the environmental and energy law career fair
- Recognition in monthly Lunch & Learn emails, on CLEE’s Corporate Giving Programs webpage, and annual report
- Invitation to UC Berkeley’s Annual Leadership Roundtable, a private event that offers the opportunity to interact with UC Berkeley’s exceptional community and leaders.
- A year’s subscription to Berkeley Law’s Ecology Law Quarterly journal
Gold | $15,000
Benefits include all of the above plus:
- Opportunity to host one Lunch & Learn per year at your office
- Opportunity to co-host a mixer reception after the energy & environmental law career fair
- Opportunity for a half-day professional development bootcamp with leading policy experts about transforming trends and topics in energy and environmental industries (MCLE credits)
- Concierge services for customized campus tours, purchasing tickets to campus events, private tours of Berkeley’s art museum, Botanical Garden, and other specialized arrangements
All sponsors are acknowledged with name and logo placement in CLEE’s battery of live, print, and digital communications to an audience of more than 5,500 people working at the intersection of law, policy, and energy and the environment. Donors receive invitations to exclusive conferences and events, an annual report, and facilitation of outreach to potential UC Berkeley partners about research and policy development opportunities. You’ll also receive access to insights, news, and research through CLEE’s monthly email newsletter.
CLEE Lunch & Learns
CLEE Lunch & Learns engage government officials, public agency leaders, scholars, non-partisan policy experts, corporate counsel, and fledgling practitioners in dynamic discourses at the cutting-edge of environmental law and policy, such as:
- Disasters, Climate Change, and Declaring a Climate “Emergency” with Berkeley Law Prof. Daniel Farber
- California’s Future and the Role of Natural Gas with California Public Utilities Commissioner Cliff Rechtschaffen
- 5 Climate Solutions in 20 Minutes with Ken Alex, former Sr Policy Advisor to Governor Jerry Brown
- Climate Risks to the US Financial System, with US Commodity Future Trading Commissioner Rostin Bohnam and CALPERS Investment Manager Divya Mankikar
Conversations are monthly. For the academic year 2021-22, we will be delivering these virtually. Partners will be invited to host one of these vents per year once pandemic conditions subside. Find recordings of past events here.
CLEE E&E Career Fair
Berkeley Law is where the most promising students come for a world-class education in energy and environmental law and policy, and tied for #1 environmental law program in the country. The annual CLEE E&E Career Fair gives UC Berkeley students the chance to learn more about a few organizations that hire in their areas of interest. The event is followed by a happy hour. All partners have guaranteed placement at the fair. Gold level partners are given the opportunity to underwrite a mixer reception after the event.
Ready to join? Contact Judith Katz: email@example.com / 510-642-7235
2. The Berkeley Law Environmental Awards Banquet
The Berkeley Law Energy & Environmental Awards Banquet is CLEE’s premier event. Each year it brings together faculty, students, alumni, and guests from the environmental and energy law community. Firms can support the Banquet in addition to their Partners membership, or as a stand-alone opportunity. In 2022, the event will include a very special celebration of the student-edited Ecology Law Quarterly‘s 50th Anniversary. Dr. Robert Bullard, the “Father of Environmental Justice” will receive this year’s Environmental Leadership Award. Click here for more information.
Sponsorship benefits are implemented according to campus policies, which may change from time to time.