Legal Challenges to the Clean Power Plan: Perspectives from the Front Lines
The Institute for Policy Integrity at NYU School of Law and the Center for Law, Energy & the Environment at Berkeley Law invite you to join us for an in-depth discussion of the Clean Power Plan from the front lines.
The Clean Power Plan, the first rule to place limits on greenhouse gases emitted by all power plants in the United States, is opposed by a vocal coalition of states and industry groups. In the lead up to oral arguments before the D.C. Circuit on June 2nd, an equally vocal coalition of states, industry groups, and nonprofits have stepped forward to support the EPA and the rule. You are invited to join parties and amici supporting the rule in a discussion of the issues before the court. Lunch will be provided by Paul Hastings LLP.
- Sean Donahue, Donahue & Goldberg, LLP; counsel for intervenor Environmental Defense Fund; lead counsel for environmental intervenors
- Denise Grab, Institute for Policy Integrity, New York University School of Law; counsel for amicus Institute for Policy Integrity
- Elaine Meckenstock, California Department of Justice; counsel for intervenor State of California
- Kevin Poloncarz, Paul Hastings LLP; counsel for power company intervenors
- Jordan Diamond (moderator), Center for Law, Energy and the Environment, University of California, Berkeley School of Law
CLE credits will be available. CLE materials are below and will be available for review at the event.