Student Payments via SIS Campus Solutions Award Entry System
A stipend is a pre-determined amount paid to the participant to help offset housing and/or subsistence expenses. Stipend payments to non-resident aliens are subject to withholding unless the individual is eligible to claim a tax treaty exemption.
- Begin by entering your student’s information on the Financial Aid/Stipend Request Form. This automatically generates emails alerting Business Services and Financial Aid to your request and creates a permanent record of the request. One student per submission, please.
- All payments to students (other than reimbursements) have the potential to affect a student’s financial aid; Berkeley Law’s Financial Aid team will investigate your student’s specific situation before giving approval for the payment to move forward. You may receive an email from Financial Aid discussing the details.
- Once approval is given from Financial Aid to proceed, Business Services will submit the award for approval in UC’s Student information System (SIS).
- Financial Aid will then approve the award and confirm when the funds disburse. You’ll receive a confirmation email that you can pass along to the student in question. Please allow 1-2 weeks for these processes to occur.
Questions regarding a student’s financial aid package and unique financial situation or about the above information, please contact the Law School Director of Financial Aid (email@example.com).
Students preparing reimbursements on behalf of their Berkeley Law Student Group members may visit the Student Services webpage for more information on how to submit a request for payment/reimbursement.
Travel and Entertainment
Travel and Entertainment reimbursements to students are entered through Travel and Entertainment Direct Entry. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any policy related questions. You can also visit our Travel and Entertainment sections for helpful tips and links.
- To reimburse students for non-T&E purchases and transactions such as office supplies, conference registration, swag, etc., please enter the request via Bearbuy. Use the payment request form with supporting documents and receipts. Do not use a BearBuy Payment Request Form for reimbursement of travel and entertainment expenses. These expenses should be submitted via the Travel Reimbursement System. Please be sure to redact all personally identifying information from supporting documentation before uploading.
Additional Information: Payment Request Cost Types and Required Supporting Documents
PLEASE HELP US TO ENCOURAGE STUDENTS TO ENROLL IN DIRECT DEPOSIT THROUGH CALCENTRAL TO AVOID DELAYS IN PAYMENTS: https://eftstudent.berkeley.edu/