Below are helpful guides to assist units and student organization with payment and the reimbursement process for students. If you have any questions, please reach out to Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinics, Centers and Departments
To reimburse students for non-T&E purchases and transactions such as office supplies, conference registration, swag, etc., please enter the request via BearBuy. Use the payment request form with supporting documents and receipts. Do not use a BearBuy Payment Request Form for reimbursement of travel and entertainment expenses. These expenses should be submitted via the Travel Reimbursement System. Please be sure to redact all personally identifying information from supporting documentation before uploading. For more information see our Bearbuy webpage.
Additional Information: Payment Request Cost Types and Required Supporting Documents
A stipend is a pre-determined amount paid to the participant to help offset housing and/or subsistence expenses. Stipend payments to non-resident aliens are subject to withholding unless the individual is eligible to claim a tax treaty exemption.
- Begin by entering your student’s information on the Financial Aid/Stipend Request Form. This automatically generates emails alerting Business Services and Financial Aid to your request and creates a permanent record of the request. One student per submission, please.
- All payments to students (other than reimbursements) have the potential to affect a student’s financial aid; Berkeley Law’s Financial Aid team will investigate your student’s specific situation before giving approval for the payment to move forward. You may receive an email from Financial Aid discussing the details.
- Once approval is given from Financial Aid to proceed, Business Services will submit the award for approval in UC’s Student information System (SIS).
- Financial Aid will then approve the award and confirm when the funds disburse. You’ll receive a confirmation email that you can pass along to the student in question. Please allow 1-2 weeks for these processes to occur.
Questions regarding a student’s financial aid package and unique financial situation or about the above information, please contact the Law School Director of Financial Aid (email@example.com).
Students preparing reimbursements on behalf of their Berkeley Law Student Group members should follow the below instructions:
- Complete the appropriate Reimbursement Payment Request Form
- Include itemized receipt(s) that displays payment method. Receipts should be submitted no more than 45 days from purchase/travel date.
- Submit the completed and signed hardcopy form with approval and attachments to Business Services in RM 311B. If submitting after 5 pm, please place documents in envelope and drop off in RM 312 mail slot.
Students may visit the Student Services webpage or stop by their office at 280 Simon for more information on group funding and Student Services’ policies regarding purchasing and reimbursement. Please contact the Business Services Office if there are questions regarding the status of a reimbursement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.