Supply Chain Management
Independent Contractor Defined: An individual or entity that performs a specific service for the UC based on a set price, pursuant to a scope of work and deliverables set by the UC.
In BearBuy, go to:
- > Forms > Organization Forms > (Service Order Request Form)
When to use this form:
- To purchase Services (Independent Contractors or Consultants, SaaS, Installation, Maintenance, Training, etc.).
- When you have an ‘After the Fact’ (ATF) order that will require additional invoice payments in the future.
- Click to see What Form Should I Use?
Required from Department:
- Classification Worksheet for Federal Tax Purposes (formerly known as the Pre-Hire Worksheet)
- Approval from Department Head and a chart string
- Source Selection/Justification for federally funded purchases ≥$10,000 (including tax and shipping) & non‐federally funded purchases ≥$100,000 (excluding tax, but including shipping). Please consult with SCM Buyer, Zeke Gonzalez or SCM Senior Buyer, Kathryn Wight.
Required documents from Vendors-Departments should work with vendors to secure documentation before submitting on Bearbuy.
- UCB Substitute W-9 and Supplier Information Form (New Suppliers/Individual Supplier wishing to do business with UC Berkeley must complete this form.) Departments must complete section 2.
- Insurance Certificate (depending on the project, the certificate must name “The Regents of the University of California” as additionally insured. Check out the link to the UCOP policy-BUS 63 for additional help on what is required.)
- Conflict of Interest Certification Form
- Estimate or Statement of Work (outlines the relationship of the scope of the work, deliverables, time period, and fees to build a guide for establishing a breakdown of fees and a payment schedule)