University Owned Cell Phone Plans
In accordance with BFB-G-46: University Guidelines for the Purchase and Use of Cellular Phones and Other Portable Electronic Resources there are 3 main options:
1. If you are using your personal cell phone for University business purposes you can request reimbursement for the data plan portion (and any voice overages resulting from business related phone calls) of your personal wireless bill.
2. You release ownership of your personal wireless account to the University for University business purposes and your department pays for the wireless plan and/or wireless device. Monthly charges can be viewed via CalAnswers.
3. A new university wireless account is created for University business purposes and your department pays for the wireless plan and/or wireless device. Monthly charges can be viewed via CalAnswers.
For Options 2 and 3 please review the the University contracts with AT&T and Verizon and email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. Please make sure you obtain the approval of the appropriate supervisor before sending your request.
- Your name
- Carrier choice with voice plan and additional features
- Phone model, capacity and color choice
Cellular International Activation Requests
To activate international access on your University-paid cellular plan please email email@example.com with the following information. Please be advised that international activation requests must be submitted at least five business days prior to departure in order to guarantee international services are activated before travel departure.
- Your Name
- Cell phone number
- The start and end travel dates
- The travel destinations