We only support the current version of MacOS and the two proceeding versions. Please read through all 5 steps to be able to access the network folders.
- Make sure you are connected to the VPN as outlined in the previous instructions. You will need to be connected to the VPN whenever you want to access the network share and printers.
- From within “Finder”, click “Go” -> “Connect to Server…” To get to Finder, click an empty space on your desktop. You can also press “Option” + “K”.
- To connect to the EBCLC drive on Highland, under “Server Address:” type “smb://highland.law.berkeley.edu/Clinics/EBCLC” without quotes and click connect.
- In the next window, select the “Registered User” Radio Button and for “Name:” enter your CalnetID (example.user for instance). Check the box next to “Remember this password in my keychain”
- From there, in Finder, you can drag a folder to the sidebar under “Favorites” on the left for easy access.
You will now be able to access EBCLC network files as long as you are connected to the VPN. The VPN will disconnect whenever you lose network access (say from closing the lid of your laptop). Please make sure you save any work before disconnecting from the VPN.