California Law Review – Instructions for Mac OSX
The follow instructions will show you how to properly configure your Mac to connect to the CLR folder on Argyll.
Part I: Installing bSecure GlobalProtect VPN
Follow these instructions to install the bSecure GlobalProtect VPN on your computer – https://berkeley.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0012481
Part II: Configuring your Mac OS to connect to Argyll (and the CLR folder)
- Whenever you want to access the CLR folder, you will need to be connect to the VPN you installed in part 1.
- Open a Finder (the two blue faces)
- At the top, choose Go > “Connect to Server…“
- In the server address, fill in the following, “smb://argyll.law.berkeley.edu/Students“
- It will prompt you for credentials, please remove your computer credentials and replace it with your Calnet ID and Passphrase.
(Hint: You may want to checkbox ‘Remember this password in my keychain’ if you don’t want it to prompt you for your credentials everytime.)
- Once you’ve connected you should see the CLR folder under the Student Journals folder.
- You can pin the folder in the favorites on the left hand side if you drag the CLR folder over. There will be a blue/black line that will appear, where the line appears will be where the shortcut will be placed. This shortcut will make it so you can access the folder quickly.
(Hint: If the shortcut ever disappears, simply begin again at Part III, step 2 – “Go > Connect to Server…”)7. You are now done! Congrats.