Come to Berkeley Law and earn an LL.M. degree
over two consecutive summers.
The professional track of our LL.M. program is designed for lawyers educated outside the U.S. who want an internationally renowned Berkeley Law degree, but can’t leave professional commitments for an entire year.
Click on a photo to watch a video highlighting the program.
Innovative, Accessible, and Comprehensive
An LL.M. degree is often a necessity when dealing with international clients. The professional track offers:
- Choice of 10- or 13-week summer semesters, allowing students to return home to work and family in the year between.
- Courses taught by world-renowned, full-time Berkeley Law faculty who are leaders in their fields.
- Rigorous curriculum including business law, intellectual property, and core U.S. law courses.
- Flexible start dates (either first or second quarter, each summer)
- Opportunity to qualify for the California Bar Exam.
- Exposure to the practice of law in the U.S. through a speaker series led by practicing U.S. attorneys.
Certificates of Specialization in Business Law, IP Law or Public Law
In addition to an LL.M. degree, students seeking in-depth training in a particular area of law can earn a Certificate of Specialization in recognition of their expertise.
- Students interested in international arbitration or litigation, corporate finance, M&A and more may earn a Business Law Certificate through the Berkeley Center for Law, Business and the Economy
- Berkeley Law’s top-ranked IP program is the home for our Law & Technology Certificate (Intellectual Property), offered through the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology
- NEW in 2015: Students who wish to focus on topics of government policy and public interest may earn a Public Law & Regulation Certificate in partnership with the Goldman School of Public Policy
Superior Education in an Incomparable Setting
Explore endless possibilities for academic and cultural enrichment.
- Access the academic resources of the world-renowned University of California, Berkeley.
- Experience the dynamic legal, business, and high tech communities of the East Bay, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley.