Developing funding proposals and managing sponsored awards involve complex processes with layers of compliance requirements. Berkeley Law Principal Investigators now have two sources of support for these activities: Campus Shared Services Research Administration and our internal CSS RA Liaison.
NEW! CAMPUS SHARED SERVICES – RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION
As of March 30, 2015, a team of CSS RA experts will support proposal preparation for all Berkeley Law Principal Investigators. Centralizing this expertise in the hands of pre-award specialists leverages the power of their combined experience to streamline this process for Berkeley Law faculty and staff.
Our CSS RA team will:
- Review program solicitations and funding opportunities and provide advice to the PI.
- Establish a proposal-preparation timeline that allows successful submission by the funder’s deadline.
- Prepare requests in Phoebe, the web-based system for routing and approving proposals on campus.
- Prepare applications in a funder’s web-based system, such as NSF FastLane.
- Assist the PI with development of all required proposal documents and information with the exception of the budget/justification which is supported locally by Berkeley Law.
- Assemble proposal documentation from project collaborators (subawards).
- Follow a funder’s proposal instructions, applying the required formatting to uploaded or submitted documents and conducting an editorial review of all proposal documentation.
- Coordinate proposal routing and approvals.
- Respond to proposal-review questions from the Sponsored Projects Office or Industry Alliances Office.
Contact our CSS RA team:
Research Administrator Team Lead
NEW! CSS RA LIAISON
The current Berkeley Law Grants/Contracts Specialist will now serve as the law school’s on-site partner with our CSS RA team. Our CSS RA Liasion will manage the financial aspects of sponsored awards:
- Prepare the proposal budget in consultation with the Principal Investigator.
- Prepare the associated budget justification document.
- Deliver final versions of the internal budget worksheet and budget justification to our CSS RA team.
- Code and upload the award budget in BFS and activate the award chartstring for spending.
- Manage the award throughout the activity period.
- Establish approved subawards and contractor purchase orders.
- Coordinate the bi-annual Effort Reporting process.
- Prepare and submit the Closeout Certification when an award’s activity period has ended.
- Process requests in the Business Contracts Management System (non-SPO/IAO agreements).
Contact our CSS RA Liaison:
Sr. Research and Financial Administrator
322 Boalt Hall