- Monday, September 9 – CSLS Speaker Series – Jacob Hacker, Yale University – “Populism for the 1%: How Conservatives Govern in an Era of Extreme Inequality”
- Tuesday, September 10 – CSLS Cosponsored Book Event – Angela S. García, University of Chicago – Legal Passing: Navigating Undocumented Life and Local Immigration Law (University of California Press, 2019)
- Monday, September 16 – CSLS Speaker Series – Sam Erman, U.S.C. Gould School of Law – Almost Citizens: Puerto Rico, the U.S. Constitution, and Empire (Cambridge University Press, 2018)
- Monday, October 7 – CSLS Speaker Series – Liam Martin, Victoria University of Wellington (NZ) – “The Recovery Hustle: Race and Reintegration in Postindustrial America”
- Monday, October 14 – CSLS Speaker Series – Taeku Lee, U.C. Berkeley – Title forthcoming.
- For more Fall 2019 speakers, click here.
The Center supports theoretically-based, empirical research on new developments at the interplay of law and society in contemporary and historical contexts. While part of Berkeley’s School of Law, the Center fosters a multi- disciplinary context in which UC Berkeley faculty and graduate students from many departments interact and engage with visiting socio-legal scholars from universities in the United States and abroad.