- Monday, March 19 – CSLS Speaker Series – Osagie Obasogie, UC Berkeley – “Police Violence, Use of Force Policies, and Public Health”
- Tuesday, March 20 – CSLS Symposium – “Is There A Future For Dignity In Prison Litigation? Reflections On Recent Prisoner Rights Precedents From The Us And Israel” – Co-Sponsored with Berkeley Institute for Jewish Law and Israel Studies, and the Human Rights Center
- Friday, March 23 – CSLS Visiting Scholar Speaker Series – Jérôme Pélisse, Sciences Po, Paris – “Figures of Legal Intermediaries: Variations and Paradox” & Ken Tanaka, Kansai University – “Law and Policy on Tobacco Regulation in Japan”
- Monday, April 2 – CSLS Speaker Series – Reuel Schiller, UC Hastings School of Law – “Regulation and the Collapse of the New Deal Order or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Market”
- Tuesday, April 3 – Workshop: Legal Governance of Historical Memory in Comparative Perspective
The Center supports theoretically-based, empirical research on new developments at the interplay of law and society in contemporary and historical contexts. While part of Berkeley’s School of Law, the Center fosters a multi- disciplinary context in which UC Berkeley faculty and graduate students from many departments interact and engage with visiting socio-legal scholars from universities in the United States and abroad.
– Jonathan Simon, Faculty Director
– Rosann Greenspan, Executive Director