- Friday, March 16 – CSLS Visiting Scholars Speaker Series – Ming Hsu Chen, University of Colorado – “Constructing Citizenship for Noncitizens” & Lucía Aragüez Valenzuela, University of Málaga – “The Impact of Information and Communication Technologies on Working Relationships”
- Monday, March 19 – CSLS Speaker Series – Osagie Obasogie, UC Berkeley – “Police Violence, Use of Force Policies, and Public Health”
- Tuesday, March 20 – CSLS Symposium – “Is There A Future For Dignity In Prison Litigation? Reflections On Recent Prisoner Rights Precedents From The Us And Israel” – Co-Sponsored with Berkeley Institute for Jewish Law and Israel Studies, and the Human Rights Center
The Center supports theoretically-based, empirical research on new developments at the interplay of law and society in contemporary and historical contexts. While part of Berkeley’s School of Law, the Center fosters a multi- disciplinary context in which UC Berkeley faculty and graduate students from many departments interact and engage with visiting socio-legal scholars from universities in the United States and abroad.
– Jonathan Simon, Faculty Director
– Rosann Greenspan, Executive Director