- Wednesday, October 21 – CSLS Cosponsored Event with Samuel J. Levine, Touro Law – “Was the Biblical Joseph on the Spectrum?”
- Monday, November 2 – CSLS Speaker Series – Susan Hyde, Taeku Lee, & Kathy Abrams – Democracy, Civil Society, & Free and Fair Elections
- Monday, November 9 – CSLS Speaker Series – Vesla Weaver, Johns Hopkins University – “The State from Below: Democracy and Citizenship in Policed Communities”
- Friday, November 13 – CSLS Cosponsored Event with Carla Shedd, City University of New York – Empirics of Justice: Tracking the Carceral Continuum in Urban America
- Monday, November 16 – CSLS Speaker Series – Rebecca Hamlin, University of Massachusetts Amherst – Crossing: How We Label and React to People on the Move
- Monday, November 23 CSLS Speaker Series – Richard Ross, University of Illinois – “The Rule of Law in British America: Thinking with Indians While Comparing to Spaniards”
To receive email notification of talks, please send your name and email address to email@example.com
The Center supports theoretically-based, empirical research on new developments at the interplay of law and society in contemporary and historical contexts. While part of Berkeley’s School of Law, the Center fosters a multi- disciplinary context in which UC Berkeley faculty and graduate students from many departments interact and engage with visiting socio-legal scholars from universities in the United States and abroad.