- Monday, April 15 – CSLS Speaker Series – Sora Han, UC Irvine – “Res Nullius Loquitur: Black Life and the Problem of Self-Evidence”
- Tuesday, April 16 – CSLS Cosponsored Event – Mab Segrest, Connecticut College (Emeritus) – “Lunacy Administration: Racism and the Haunting of American Psychiatry” – cosponsored with Berkeley Psychology Department and Disability Studies Program
- Thursday, April 18 – CSLS Visiting Scholars Speaker Series – Lilla Farkas, European University Institute – “US Hegemony in the Meaning and Practice of Anti-racist Law in Europe: The Roma Rights Movement, 1989-2018” & Carrie Rosenbaum, Golden Gate University – “Rule of Law in the Real, Real World: An Immigration Law Focused Critical Race Critique”
- Monday, April 22 – CSLS Speaker Series – Norman Spaulding, Stanford Law School – “Trauma, Memory, and the Law”
- Wednesday, April 24 – A Conversation in Law and Society – Richard Delgado, University of Alabama Law School – Professor Delgado will be interviewed by Professor Jonathan Simon
The Center supports theoretically-based, empirical research on new developments at the interplay of law and society in contemporary and historical contexts. While part of Berkeley’s School of Law, the Center fosters a multi- disciplinary context in which UC Berkeley faculty and graduate students from many departments interact and engage with visiting socio-legal scholars from universities in the United States and abroad.
– Jonathan Simon, Faculty Director
– Rosann Greenspan, Executive Director