Student Services offers a Zoom webinar account for Law School Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) to host events. This service is free to use and we will offer scheduling and training resources to prepare for your event.
Steps to hold a webinar event with the Student Services Webinar Account:
- Request registration for your event. Please submit a request 3 weeks prior to your event.
- We will email you confirming availability and providing more information about your event.
- If you wish to have polling questions or extra speakers/panelists, email that information at least three days prior to your event.
- On the day of your event, you and your panelists can enter up to 1 hour early to practice using the webinar and ensure everything is to your preferred specifications. Attendees will not be able to enter the webinar during your practice period
- Launch your meeting and have a great webinar!
Meetings are designed to be a collaborative event with all participants being able to screen share, turn on their video and audio, and see who else is in attendance.
Webinars are designed so that the host and any designated panelists can share their video, audio and screen. Webinars allow attendees to view the panelists and hosts but they cannot view each other or unmute themselves. They have the ability to interact via Q&A, Chat, and answering polling questions. The host can also unmute individual attendees.
Webinars are ideal if:
- You are worried about attendees causing disruption
- There is no interaction between attendees for your event
- Your event will be large and you are worried about background noise from attendees
See more information about the difference on the Zoom website
Requirements to consider as you plan your event:
- Only Law School RSOs can use the Student Services webinar accounts.
- We require a three week lead time before your event to schedule and plan your webinar event. Please contact us as soon as possible. This will also help reduce the likelihood that another event is happening at your preferred time.
- Berkeley Law is committed to ADA Compliance. Go to Disability Access & Compliance (DA&C) for information about making your event accessible. They have Tips for Planning Accessible Events, and also a General Access Recommendations for Remote Web Conferencing resource. For questions regarding accommodations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UC policy prohibits the use of university resources, including school webinar accounts, for activities that might reasonably be viewed as partisan or political in nature. See the Student Handbook for more information.
- During the designated Review Sessions/Reading Period, meetings including students are not permitted.
- During the Final Examinations Period no events can be scheduled in the Law School, except those related to the administration of exams.
- The Law School reserves the right to move events or cancel events if they become in conflict with the Law School’s priorities.
This webinar account is offered as a service through collaboration between Room Planning and Student Services.
For questions, email email@example.com
Any payments related to the event must align with Berkeley Law policies. For questions about current policies and whether your plans comply with the policies, email Ilene Ochoa at firstname.lastname@example.org.