SUMMARY OF PROGRAM
- Annemiek Wilpshaar of the European Commission, together with U.S. antitrust and national security officials, explore the interplay of regulatory regimes with M&A and deal risk;
- Nobel laureate and U.C. Berkeley Professor Saul Perlmutter on what data science tells us about deal negotiations;
- Wall Street Journal reporters, Maureen Farrell and Eliot Brown, share insights on their forthcoming book on WeWork;
- Alex Stamos, former Chief Security Officer at Facebook, explores global oversight of cybersecurity and data privacy by boards and legal departments;
- The Honorable Kathaleen McCormick, Vice Chancellor, Delaware Court of Chancery, contemplates directions in Delaware corporate and case law;
- Dan Li, Executive Director of Internet & Digital Media Investment Banking at JPMorgan, Barry McCarthy, CFO at Spotify, and Kristin Sverchek, General Counsel at Lyft, explore direct listings, lock-up missteps, dual class twists, and other lessons learned from recent capital markets activity; and
- The heads of M&A and legal from ASG Technologies, HP Enterprise, Square, and Salesforce, discuss best practices and new technologies for managing M&A in 2020.
The forum is co-hosted by Ethan Klingsberg, Partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, and Steven Davidoff Solomon, Professor of Law and Faculty Co-Director of the Berkeley Center for Law and Business.
Thank you to our co-sponsors:
Investors, corporate executives, corporate counsel, financial and legal advisors, and academics. This event is by invitation-only. For more information or to request an invitation, please email email@example.com.
A convening of over 200 leaders to navigate the ever-changing regulatory and deal-making landscape of innovations of M&A and corporate governance.
Valet parking is available at the hotel.