* Under Construction
The Study Group holds annual Meetings in locations around the world, giving scholars an opportunity to present papers on a variety of featured topics such as same-sex marriage in Europe and the United States, the development of disability rights under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, transgender equality, comparative affirmative action, equality/freedom of religion and the Muslim headscarf, and comparative studies of different countries’ anti-discrimination laws. To date, annual meetings have been held in:
- Paris, France (Sciences-Po, 2012);
- Berkeley, California (Berkeley Law, 2013);
- Brussels, Belgium (Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2014);
- Shanghai, China (Jiao Tong University, 2016); and
- Dublin, Ireland (Trinity College, Dublin, 2017).
- The University of Stockholm (Sweden) in June 2019,
- The University of Cape Town (South Africa) in June 2020,
- The University of Michigan in 2021, and
- The University of Hong Kong in 2022.
Published papers from these convenings have been used to advance equality on such topics as same-sex marriage, transgender equality and the rights of religious minorities.
The 2019 Stockholm meeting will feature discussions on sexual harassment law and disability law, as well as other important topics.