* Under Construction
The Study Group holds annual conferences in cities around the world, giving scholars and equality activists an opportunity to present papers and discuss a variety of topics in comparative equality and anti-discrimination law. Conference topics have included sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and gender-based violence; same-sex marriage; the rights of persons with disabilities; racism and migration; affirmative action; transgender equality; and equality/freedom of religion and face covering. To date, annual conferences have been held in:
- Paris, France (Sciences-Po, 2012);
- Berkeley, California (Berkeley Law, 2013);
- Brussels, Belgium (Université Libre de Bruxelles, 2014);
- Shanghai, China (Jiao Tong University, 2016); and
- Dublin, Ireland (Trinity College, Dublin, 2017);
- Melbourne, Australia (Melbourne Law School, 2018).
- The University of California, Berkeley in May 2019,
- The University of Stockholm (Sweden) in June 2019,
- The University of Cape Town (South Africa) in June 2020,
- The University of Michigan in 2021, and
- The University of Hong Kong in 2022.
The 2019 Stockholm meeting will feature discussions on sexual harassment law and disability rights law, as well as other important topics.