October 26-27, 2017 | Fairmont Hotel | 950 Mason Street | San Francisco, California | 94108
This two-day, multi-panel event will explore the development of corporate law, the evolving relationships between corporate stakeholders, M&A and what corporate lawmaking may look like in the future. With two days full of insightful panels, this event is an excellent way to both network with and learn from some of the best lawyers, professionals, and scholars in a variety of fields.
Thursday, Oct 26 | Noon-1:00 PM (Lunch) | 1:00-5:30 PM
Day 1 will feature welcoming remarks from our co-chairs, interviews with Chief Justice Strine and Martin Lipton, and panels on hot topics in corporate lawmaking and corporate governance. A reception will follow.
Friday, Oct 27 | 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Day 2 will feature two additional panels on the future of the corporation and capital structuring and recent developments in M&A law, including comments from Chancellor Andre Bouchard. A lunch will follow.
Speakers Will Include:
- Chief Justice Leo E. Strine, Jr., Delaware Supreme Court
- Chancellor Andre G. Bouchard, Delaware Court of Chancery
- Martin Lipton, Founding Partner, Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz
- Randy Baron, Partner, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd
- Allison Bennington, Partner & General Counsel, ValueAct Capital
- David Berger, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Glenn Booraem, Investment Stewardship Officer, Vanguard
- Ricardo Cortes-Monroy, Chief Legal Officer & Group General Counsel, Nestlé
- Steven Davidoff Solomon, Professor, U.C. Berkeley School of Law
- David Estrada, Chief Legal Officer, Kitty Hawk
- Jill E. Fisch, Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Law
- Christine Flores, General Counsel, Pinterest
- Sujeet Indap, US Editor, The Lex Column, Financial Times
- Allen Jacobs, Managing Director, Berkeley Research Group
- Scott Kupor, Managing Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Jamie Leigh, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Frank Partnoy, Professor, University of San Diego School of Law
- Steven Rodgers, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Intel
- William Savitt, Partner, Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz
- Anne Sheehan, Director of Corporate Governance, CalSTRS
Steven Davidoff Solomon, Professor, U.C. Berkeley School of Law
William Savitt, Partner, Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz
Berkeley Law certifies that this activity has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of California. The grant of MCLE credit is within the purview of the states, and we will provide a certificate of attendance and other materials to use in seeking continuing education credits.
This Seminar has been approved for NY CLE credit for both experienced and newly-admitted attorneys. Please note that the NY CLE Board Regulations do not permit us to award credit unless you are present for the entire program. If you are more than a few minutes late, or leave more than a few minutes early, we cannot give you even fractional credit.