April 22, 2020 – China: Law, Economy and Trade in 2020 (Session 1)
- Jerome A. Cohen, “Was Helping Build China’s Post-1978 Miracle a Mistake”, forthcoming in Virginia Journal of International Law. (June 2020).
- Susan Finder, Supremepeoplescourtmonitor.com (two blog posts): Signals in the 2019 Supreme People’s Court Work Report to the NPC (April 22, 2019), and Supreme People’s Court Updates its Belt & Road Policies (Jan. 28, 2020).
- Sean Randolph, Bay Area Council Economic Institute, Reconsidering US-China Economic Relations (Dec. 2019).
- Mark Cohen, Chinaipr.com (two blogposts): How to Monitor an IP Trade Agreement with China (Mar 29, 2019) and The Phase 1 IP Agreement: Its Fans and Discontents (Jan. 21, 2020).
May 6, 2020 — The Phase 1 Agreement and Its Implementation (Session 2)
- An Interview with Craig Allen, Xinhua Net: Most USCBC members view China-U.S. phase-one trade deal as positive
- Warren Maruyama, Trade truce? United States and China reach Phase One agreement
- Mark Cohen, The Phase 1 IP Agreement: Its Fans and Discontents
- Mark Cohen, Trade Wars: A New Beginning?
- Wendy Cutler & James Green, Two Months In: Assessing Implementation of the U.S.-China Phase One Trade Deal
- Mark Wu, The “China, Inc.” Challenge to Global Trade Governance
May 20, 2020 – Following the Data: What the Latest Research Says about China’s Legal and IP Environment (Session 3)
- Mark Cohen, “The Widening Impact of China’s Publication of IP Cases”. (April, 2018). Online at: https://chinaipr.com/2018/04/10/the-widening-impact-of-chinas-publication-of-ip-cases/
- Margaret E. Roberts, Benjamin L. Liebman, Rachel E. Stern, Alice Z. Wang, “Mass Digitization of Chinese Court Decisions: How to Use Text as Data in the Field of Chinese Law”, 21st Century China Center Research Paper No. 2017-01, Columbia Public Law Research Paper No. 14-551. (November, 2019). Online at: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2985861
- Fei Deng and Cunzhen Huang, “A Ten-Year Review of Merger Enforcement in China”, The Antitrust Source. (August, 2018). Online at: https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/publishing/antitrust_source/2018-2019/atsource-august2018/aug18_deng_8_16f.pdf
Online Certificate Series
May 27, 2020 – Pharmaceutical IP Issues (Session 1)
- He Jing, Nick Liu, “SPC Adopts Dual Standard for Supplementary Data”. (September, 2018)
- He Jing, Wu Li, “China Publishes Revised Draft Amendments to the Patent Law”. (February, 2019)
- He Jing, Jerry Xia, “Assessing the implications of the US-China Phase One trade deal”. (March 17, 2020)
- Tony Chen, “IP Rumble in China: Tony Chen on remdesivir patents controversy”.
- Mark Cohen, “CFDA’s New Policies to Promote IP and Innovation in the Pharma Sector”. (May 14, 2017).
- Mark Cohen, “China’s ‘Naked Bolar’ and the Tapering Momentum to Protect Innovative Pharmaceuticals”. (September 17, 2019).
June 3, 2020 – Licensing & Antitrust (Session 2)
- Hao Yuan, “Antitrust Aspects of ‘Unfairly High Patent Pricing’ for Licensing Transactions in China”. (March 29, 2020)
- Fei Deng, Su Sun, “Determining the FRAND Rate: U.S. Perspectives on Huawei v. InterDigital”. (February 12, 2014)
- Mark Cohen, “The Tier is Revised…”. (March 18, 2019).
- “Statement of Mark A. Cohen before the House Committee on the Judiciary”. (June 7, 2016).
- Mark Cohen, “Across the Fault Lines: Chinese Judicial Approaches to Injunctions and SEP’s”. (June 5, 2018).
- Mark Cohen, Xiaofan Xu, “Impact of Recent AML Legislation on the IPR/ Antitrust Interface”. (March 12, 2020).
- Mark Cohen, “An Unwelcome Addition and A Welcome Subtraction in the Technology Transfer Provisions of the New Civil Code”. “June 1, 2020).