ATTENTION: environment, government, and legal reporters
Media Contact: Susan Gluss (510) 642-6936, firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Local Clean & Green Conference 2011, California’s top policy, business, and environmental leaders will discuss practical ways to address climate change. The Dec. 2 event, sponsored by Berkeley and UCLA Schools of Law, is part of the Business and Climate Change Research Initiative. The program develops policies that promote local green jobs, while conserving energy and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Learn more.
Friday, Dec. 2, 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m.
A full schedule of the event is online here.
International House, 2299 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley, CA. See campus map.
• Ken Alex, Sr. Advisor to Gov. Brown; Dir., Office of Planning and Research
• Fran Pavley, State Senator, 23rd District
• Michael Picker, Renewable Energy Advisor, Office of Gov. Brown
• Meea Kang, President, California Infill Builders Assn & Principal, Domus Development
• Jessica Zenk, Transportation Policy Director, Silicon Valley Leadership Group
• Steve Kinsey, Supervisor, Marin County
A full list of participants is online here.
RSVP: Register for the free conference (including simulcast) here or go to: http://cleeevent.wufoo.com/forms/local-clean-and-green-conference-registration/
The conference is approved for 6.25 MCLE credits.
SOURCES: For information about the conference itself, contact organizer Ethan Elkind (510) 643-3701, or email@example.com.
RESOURCES: A series of white papers produced by Berkeley and UCLA Schools of Law on climate change policies for government and business stakeholders. Topics include energy efficiency and storage, transportation, land use planning, sustainable real estate, agriculture, and more.
VIDEO: Panelists address climate change policies in advance of conference. Screen here.