These instructions should only be used if your Mac isn't displaying the Pharos popup (and you know you're connected to the internet). If you're not having any difficulties with LAW_Pharos_BandW_Queue printing from your Mac, there's no need to follow these steps.
If you are not getting the Pharos Popup asking for your username:
- If you are receiving a message like this, make sure you have connected and logged into AirBears2 and then try printing again:
- If you are connected to AirBears2 and still not receiving a popup, click on the Apple in the upper-left corner of your desktop and select Software Update... (or App Store... and then select the Updates tab)
- Look to see if there is an HP Printer Software Update available. If so, install it and restart your computer.
- Try printing again. If it still does not work, click on the Apple and select System Preferences.
- Select Users & Groups, go to your username, and click on Login Items.
- Look to see if there is an item in the list called Popup or Popup (All Users).
- If there is not, click on the padlock in the lower left corner and enter your admin password. Then click on the + (Plus Sign) icon.
- In the window that appears, click on dropdown menu near the top and select Macintosh HD (or whatever you've renamed your hard drive). Then open the Library folder, followed by the Application Support folder.
- In the Application Support folder, open the Pharos folder and select Popup or Popup.app and click Add.
- Popup should appear in the list of Login Items. Click the checkbox next to Popup to hide it, and then click on the padlock in the lower left corner to lock it again.
- Restart your computer and try printing again.
If you are still having difficulties printing from your Mac after following these instructions, please email email@example.com or stop by the Law Library Computer Lab (LL131) for help.