Contactless Pickup Service
Even though the law building is currently closed we are now able to offer contactless pickup service for materials in the law library’s collection. Follow the instructions to order materials.
Library Help for Law Students
- Law-student Research Appointments & Help – tell us the details of your research, project or question and we’ll email you – or meet with you via Zoom or phone – to point out helpful resources, database, and search tips.
- Chat Reference – for help finding online materials, or other reference questions.
- For law-student computing help on laptops, proxy access troubleshooting, and other technical support issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Law Library’s Computing Support chat.
Sending your inquiries through these channels will ensure we can get back to you with help quickly.
Course Text & Casebook Information
Because the law building is currently closed, getting your course texts and casebooks will be different than in the past, but the Law Library offers steps for buying or renting your course materials. The Law Library is not able to provide most course texts and casebooks. To see what is available from the Law Library, please consult the Course Reserves section of LawCat.
Online Access to Books (and More)
While not all texts are available in electronic form, the Law Library and University have robust eBook access (make sure you are set up for remote access via proxy or VPN).
- Quick access to Law eBooks collections
- LawCat and OskiCat list many electronic resources, including eBook copies of books we cannot access right now.
- eBooks at Berkeley guide for information on using UC Berkeley’s robust non-law eBook collections.
- HathiTrust ETAS for temporary, view-only access to millions of print materials owned by the UC (uses CalNet authentication – see eBooks guide for details and FAQs for using the HathiTrust ETAS).
We know you may still have library materials borrowed before the campus was shut down. Fear not! Due dates have been extended and there are no late fines. If you wish to return materials, please email email@example.com. You can login to your LawCat account to see what is currently checked out to you.