Service Hours for Law School Faculty, Students and Staff
Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 9:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Main Reading Room (Second Floor of Law Building)
Monday- Friday: 7:00AM – Midnight
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- Chat Reference 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Monday – Friday)
- Law student Computing Support Chat 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Monday – Friday)
- Computing support help – reply email usually by the next business day
- Law student virtual Research Appointments & Help – reply email usually by the next business day
- Law faculty Research Requests and Document Delivery – reply email usually by the next business day
Berkeley Faculty and Graduate Students
The Law Library is open to Berkeley faculty and graduate students who wish to use the library for legal research.
Undergraduates who wish to use the law library collection for research purposes only must first apply for an access pass at firstname.lastname@example.org. Passes are issued on an individual basis and are required to use the law library. All professors who teach undergraduate courses that have a legal research component should contact email@example.com regarding class access.
Non-Law School Affiliated Patrons
Outside of law school exam periods the law library is open to attorneys and members of the general public who wish to conduct legal research or to use Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) materials. Reference assistance is unavailable for non-law school affiliated patrons.
If you have a general comment or question for us, please use the More Help from the Contact Us box.