The Law Library now provides a contactless pickup service for all borrowers who have current Law Library borrowing accounts. Items in our circulating collection are eligible for request.
Please request your items via LawCat, our library catalog, as described below. Paging and preparing your items may take us a couple of days. If you have several requests, please note that items may not all be ready for pickup at the same time.
Steps for contactless pickup of Law Library items
- Find the book you want in LawCat and click on the title.
- Click on the Place hold button to the left of the item details. (Be sure you are logged into LawCat. The login button is at the top right of the LawCat screen and requires your CalNet ID and passphrase.)
Note: If you are unable to click on “place hold” it is probably because you are trying to request an item that does NOT circulate. Please email us at email@example.com and describe the problem. We will do our best to help.
Also note: After clicking “place hold” you will be asked to enter your “period of interest.” You can leave the default selections and just click “confirm.” The only time you might want to change the default dates is if you have a pressing deadline and there is a date after which you will no longer need the book. In that case, put the “needed by” date in the “to” box.
- After clicking “confirm” you will receive an automatic email notification with some instructions.
- Paging and preparing your items may take several days. You will be notified by email when the items are available for pickup. Please do not come to pick anything up until you receive an email saying the materials are ready.
- Once you receive an email confirmation that your items are ready for pickup, come to the courtyard outside Cafe Zeb. Contactless pickup is staffed ONLY Monday to Thursday, Noon to 2pm. Items will be held for no more than 14 days.
- You must complete the Daily Symptom Screener before coming to campus.
- When coming to campus, you must wear a mask.
- When you arrive at the courtyard [map] to pick up your items, please come to the glass door so the Library staff sees that you have arrived. They will come to the door to confirm your name and view your Cal1 card or other ID. They will then gather your items on a cart and push it outside. You will retrieve your items from the cart after the door is closed again.
- Signage will be posted to remind you to stand 6 feet apart from others when waiting to pick up your items.