Submit an Article for Publishing
The Berkeley Business Law Journal (BBLJ) invites the submission of unsolicited manuscripts for its fall and spring issues. Submissions may include previously unpublished articles, essays, case notes, or comments concerning any aspect of the relationship between business and the law. The BBLJ traditionally publishes “Law Review” type pieces but submissions of all kinds are welcome.
The best times for submission are as follows:
- Fall Edition: Late July – Early September
- Spring Edition: January – February. (The BBLJ understands that the “peak” submissions period in the spring usually runs through March. However, the BBLJ prefers its articles to be submitted earlier in the process to accommodate Berkeley's academic schedule.)
- Preferred method: Expresso
- Please submit electronic manuscripts, author CV, author contact information, cover letter, and other materials relevant for consideration of an article.
- The BBLJ also accept submission via email at email@example.com.
Electronic manuscripts in Microsoft Word file format are highly preferred. Manuscripts should be double-spaced, single-sided copies with one inch margins. We regret that submissions cannot be returned. Authors should retain an exact copy of any material submitted.
All citations should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed. 2010). In addition, the author should include his or her credentials including full name, degrees earned, academic or professional affiliations, and citations to all previously published legal articles. If any portion of a manuscript has been previously published by the author, the author should so indicate.
* For more information on the submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org