Make a Gift
The Boalt Hall Fund
The Boalt Hall Fund is the primary fund used for accepting donations. If you want to make a general gift to the law school, this is the fund to use. Gifts to the Boalt Hall Fund provide immediate support for the most pressing needs of the school including student financial aid, faculty recruitment and retention, programmatic and research initiatives, clinical programs, and building projects.
You will receive a receipt of your tax deductible donation automatically via e-mail.
While gifts to the Boalt Hall Fund provide the greatest flexibility for the law school, you may wish to direct your gift to a specific area or program. Please find the list of our restricted funds below.
- Boalt Hall Building Fund (Capital Improvements)
- Boalt Hall Faculty Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship Fund
- Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) Fund
- William K. Coblentz Civil Rights Endowment Fund
- Philip Frickey Summer Fellowship
- Philip Frickey Public Law Fund
- Richard Buxbaum International Student Fellowship
- I. Michael Heyman Endowed Chair in Law
- Jurisprudence and Social Policy (JSP) Alumni Fund
- David R. Andrews Environmental Law Fund
- Professor Joseph L. Sax Memorial Fund
- Judge Henry Ramsey, Jr. Scholarship Fund
- Beth Cobb O’Neil Scholarship Fund
- The Berkeley Initiative for Mindfulness in Law
- The Joanne M. Garvey Memorial Scholarship for Law
- The Cruz Reynoso Social Justice and Judicial Externship Fellowship Fund
- The Law School Library Fund
- Death Penalty Clinic Fund
- Death Penalty Clinic Fellowship Fund
- International Human Rights Law Clinic Fund
- Samuelson Law, Technology & Public Policy Clinic Fund
- East Bay Community Law Center (EBCLC) Fund
- Policy Advocacy Clinic Fund
- Kadish Center for Morality, Law, and Public Affairs
- Berkeley Center for Criminal Justice Fund (BCCJ)
- Berkeley Center for Law, Business and the Economy Fund (BCLBE)
- Berkeley Center for Law & Technology Fund (BCLT)
- Berkeley Center on Health, Economic & Family Security (CHEFS)
- Center for Law, Energy & the Environment Fund (CLEE)
- Center for the Study of Law & Society (CSLS)
- Center on Reproductive Rights and Justice (CRRJ)
- The Honorable Thelton E. Henderson Center for Social Justice Fund
- Chief Justice Earl Warren Institute for Law and Social Policy
- Berkeley Institute for Jewish Law and Israel Studies
- Honorable G. William & Ariadna Miller Institute for Global Challenges & the Law Fund
- Human Rights Center
- California Constitution Center
- Korea Law Center
- Center for Public Law and Governance
Student Organizations, Student Initiated Legal Services Projects (SLPS) & Journals
To make your gift to any of Boalt Hall’s student organizations, SLPS Projects, or Journals, simply click below and be sure to enter the name of the specific group, SLPS project, or journal in the “special instructions or designations” box at the bottom of the on line gift page.
- Student Organizations
- Student-Initiated Legal Services Projects (SLPS)
- Asian American Law Journal Fund
- Ecology Law Quarterly
- Berkeley Journal of Middle Eastern & Islamic Law
- Berkeley La Raza Law Journal
- Berkeley Journal of Criminal Law
Other Ways to Give
- Write a check made payable to the “Boalt Hall Fund” and mailed to the Alumni Center.
- Make gifts of stock or securities by contacting Tracy Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-642-6791.
- Make your credit card gift by telephone by calling the Boalt Hall Alumni Center at 510-643-6542.
- Set up monthly, quarterly, or yearly gifts via an electronic funds transfer between your bank and the UC Berkeley Foundation by completing this authorization form and returning it to the Alumni Center at the address below.
Please mail gifts and correspondence to:
Catalina “Catie” Cariaga
University of California, Berkeley School of Law
Boalt Hall Alumni Center
2850 Telegraph Ave., Suite 500
Berkeley, CA 94705-7220
As you consider your gift, you can learn more about Boalt Hall’s giving societies by clicking here.
If you have any questions about making a gift to Boalt, contact us at email@example.com or 510-643-6542.