The Wage Claims Clinic (WCC) provides free legal assistance to low-wage workers with the filing of wage claims at the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE). Low-wage workers often lack the resources to obtain legal counsel and need assistance in filling out the necessary forms and determining whether they have viable claims. Wage theft is a pervasive problem among low-wage workers, especially minority, non-English speaking, and/or immigrant workers, so the legal services provided by WCC and LAS-ELC will continue to be important and in-demand for years to come.
What students will be doing:
- interviewing clients
- investigate claims
- drafting documents
- attend clients’ settlement conferences and hearings
- Estimated number of hours per semester: 20-25 hours.
- Estimated number of hours per week: Once a month only for ~6 hours.
- Days and times for any weekly commitments: Fridays from 10-4PM.
- Trainings: One day training around the start of each semester for 4-5 hours.
For more information, please contact the student leaders at email@example.com.