- This event has passed.
LPE Soc: “Can the Center Hold?”: LPE Perspectives on the Biden Administration
Thursday, January 28, 2021 @ 5:35 pm - 7:00 pm
Come join us THURSDAY, January 28th at 5:35 PT to hang out, catch up after winter break, and discuss what we, as LPE students and practitioners, think of the presidential “transition”, the Biden-Harris Administration’s first days, and what could be accomplished in the months and years to come.
- Max Moran, “The 277 Policies for Which Biden Need Not Ask Permission,” The American Prospect
- David Dayen, “Biden’s Actual Day One Agenda,” The American Prospect
- Amy Sinden & James Goodwin, “Progressive Regulatory Reform Recommendations for the Biden-Harris Administration,” The Regulatory Review
- Mike Konczal, “Why a Biden Administration Needs to Spend Big”, The Nation
Also, if you have time …
- Check out Public Citizen’s “Blueprint for the Biden Administration,”
- This letter to the Biden administration on the need for structural court reform,
- And LPE co-founder and Demos President K. Sabeel Rahman’s “Three Principles for an Equitable Recovery”.
IMPORTANT: You do not have to read the above to join us at this meeting! We swear! We’ll provide a 5 to 10 minute overview of the most provocative, juicy bits of the reading every session. What matters most is that you join us, meet others, and have an opportunity to discuss this new presidential chapter, reflect on the events of the past months, and … whatever else is on your mind.
Events are wheelchair accessible. For disability-related accommodations, contact the organizer of the event. Advance notice is kindly requested.
Interested in subscribing to a weekly email digest of Berkeley Law events? Learn more here.