- This event has passed.
BCLB Conference: M&A and Governance Forum
Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Annemiek Wilpshaar of the European Commission, together with U.S. antitrust and national security officials, explore the interplay of regulatory regimes with M&A and deal risk;
- Nobel laureate and U.C. Berkeley Professor Saul Perlmutter on what data science tells us about deal negotiations;
- Wall Street Journal reporters, Maureen Farrell and Eliot Brown, share insights on their forthcoming book on WeWork;
- Alex Stamos, former Chief Security Officer at Facebook, explores global oversight of cybersecurity and data privacy by boards and legal departments;
- The Honorable Kathaleen McCormick, Vice Chancellor, Delaware Court of Chancery, contemplates directions in Delaware corporate and case law;
- Dan Li, Executive Director of Internet & Digital Media Investment Banking at JPMorgan, Barry McCarthy, CFO at Spotify, and Kristin Sverchek, General Counsel at Lyft, explore direct listings, lock-up missteps, dual class twists, and other lessons learned from recent capital markets activity; and
- The heads of M&A and legal from ASG Technologies, HP Enterprise, Square, and Salesforce, discuss best practices and new technologies for managing M&A in 2020.
The forum is co-hosted by Ethan Klingsberg, Partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, and Steven Davidoff Solomon, Professor of Law and Faculty Co-Director of the Berkeley Center for Law and Business.
Events are wheelchair accessible. For disability-related accommodations, contact the organizer of the event. Advance notice is kindly requested.
Interested in subscribing to a weekly email digest of Berkeley Law events? Learn more here.