- This event has passed.
2021 California Water Law Symposium, “Climate Change: Adapting to a Warming Climate”
Saturday, January 30, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pmFree
Register today to attend the 2021 California Water Law Symposium, “Climate Change: Adapting to a Warming Climate.” The event is on Saturday, January 30, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM, followed by a virtual reception. The University of California Berkeley School of Law’s panel “Achieving Water Justice in a Changing Climate” will be at 11:45am-1:00pm. The panel will feature:
- Amanda Monaco, Policy Coordinator of Water Programs at Leadership Counsel
- Max Gomberg, Climate and Conservation Manager at State Water Resources Control Board
- Vicky Espinoza, Environmental Systems PhD candidate, UC Merced
- Kristin Dobbin, Ecology Graduate Group PhD candidate, UC Davis
- Moderator: Nell Green Nylen, Senior Research Fellow with the Wheeler Water Institute at the Center for Law, Energy & the Environment at Berkeley Law
Laurel Firestone, Board Member at the State Water Resources Control Board, will be the keynote speaker. The program will feature five panels hosted by different Bay Area law schools. Panels will feature professionals with different expertise in water law and will focus on the impacts and implications of climate change on water law in California. Registration is free, and attendees are eligible for MCLE credits. To register and for more information, please visit: https://www.waterlawsymposium.org/registration.html.
Events are wheelchair accessible. For disability-related accommodations, contact the organizer of the event. Advance notice is kindly requested.
Interested in subscribing to a weekly email digest of Berkeley Law events? Learn more here.