Because OSCAR is now the most accurate resource for researching available clerkship opportunities, the primary function of the JCDB is to allow clerkship applicants to create a list of the judges to whom they will be submitting paper applications. Students (and many alums) should be familiar with the new JCDB as it is contained within the B-Line, our on-line jobs database. Students should log-in to the B-Line, where they will click on the “Clerkships” tab to access the new JCDB. (Alums who need an alumni B-Line account should send a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.).
- Interview Evaluations: Within the “Clerkships” tab of the JCDB, you can find over 200 evaluations written by students about their interviewing experiences with particular judges. Click on the “Interview Evaluations” tab to review.
- JCDB Instructions This guide provides detailed instructions on how to build a judge research list, review clerkship hiring information in OSCAR, and build a paper judge list utilizing the JCDB. You should read this guide before reading our OSCAR Quick Guide.
- Final Paper Judge List Template
- Modified Paper Judge List Mail Merge Template for Federal Clerkships (to be used by applicants who are working with outside recommenders who have no administrative support; ALL applicant cover letters, and judge & return address labels)
- Paper Judge List Mail Merge Template for State Court Clerkship
- Faculty Recommender and Faculty Support Unit (FSU) Directory
- Cover Letter Mail Merge Template
- Clerkship Candidate Questionnaire