Students may visit the Student Services webpage or stop by their office at 280 Simon for more information on event planning, group funding and Student Services’ policies regarding purchasing and reimbursement. Please contact the Business Services Office if there are questions regarding which form to use or finding out the status of a reimbursement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your student group would like to plan an event such as a gala, speaker talk, seminar or conference, please use the Student Event Planning Certification Form . Be sure to complete the Student Group Information section and provide a business purpose for your event. In the Description section, include vendor information such as the name of vendor and a brief description of what is to be rented or purchase i.e. facility/event space, goods or services along with the estimate of the expense.Once those sections are complete, you may submit the form to Student Services Administrator, Kristin Haas, in RM 280 Simon.
We received an invoice from the vendor for a service, can a member of the student group pay with their card and seek reimbursement at a later date? Do not pay for a third party vendor or service with your personal credit card. Reach out to Student Services regarding any service contracts you would like to enter on behalf of your student group. They can arrange payment through the University’s procurement system, BearBuy. It is against University policy to enter service contracts or bring vendors and services on to campus without approval from the University’s Purchasing Authority, Building Management, and without a Certificate of Liability Insurance or waiver from Risk Services. If a service invoice is generated, immediately contact Student Services, please do not attempt to pay the expense out of pocket and seek reimbursement.
Students preparing reimbursements on behalf of their Berkeley Law Student Group members should follow the below instructions. Please note that the Payee (Person to be reimbursed) cannot be the Pre-Approver of a reimbursement and they must secure a co-signer that is an Officer of the organization.
- Complete the appropriate Reimbursement Payment Request Form
- Student Organization General Reimbursement Payment Request Form – Use this form for non-travel and non-entertainment purchases such as office supplies, printing/photocopying, student group t-shirts etc.
- Student Organization Entertainment Reimbursement Form – Use this form for meals and light refreshment purchases to be served at Berkeley Law Group events. Events may be meetings, seminars, conferences, galas etc.
- Student Organization Domestic Travel Reimbursement Form– Use this form for reimbursement of domestic travel with your student group on UC Berkeley business.
- Include itemized receipt(s) that list the description of the items purchased and displays payment method such as the last four digits of your credit card. Receipts should be submitted no more than 45 days from purchase/travel date.
- If submitting a signed hard copy form, please drop off the reimbursement request and receipts to Business Services in RM 311B or 312. If submitting after 5 pm, please place documents in envelope and drop off in RM 312 mail slot located directly across from RM 311B.
Students may visit the Student Services webpage or stop by their office at 280 Simon for more information on group funding and Student Services’ policies regarding purchasing and reimbursement. Please contact the Business Services Office if there are questions regarding which form to use or finding out the status of a reimbursement by emailing email@example.com.