From: Kathleen Vanden Heuvel, Director, Law Library
To: Berkeley Law community
Date: Friday, March 13, 2020
Greetings from down under (aka the law library):
All of us in the law library want to offer our support to the law school community during this unsettled and unsettling time. We are still here physically, as we try to keep the library open for students who need our services. We are also here virtually, to help you and our students continue to conduct research and answer your reference questions.
The law library has adopted modified hours through March 20th. Our goal is to be open whenever classes are being taught via Zoom, so we can accommodate students who need access to WiFi or who need a quiet place to sit during class. (Faculty: please be aware that if students are attending your class while in the law library they may not be able to participate verbally). Due to changing circumstances library hours may change, but we will do our best to keep our hours up to date on our homepage.
MARCH 13 – 20
Friday (March 13) 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday (March 14 – 15) 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m
Monday – Thursday (March 16 – 19) 8:00 a.m. – 9 :30 p.m.
Friday (March 20) 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Circulation and related services are all available whenever the law library is open.
- Chat reference is available from 9-5 and is accessible via the link on the library’s homepage.
- Research requests and document delivery should be sent in as usual (go to https://www.law.berkeley.
edu/library/resources-for/ faculty-3/) and we will endeavor to meet deadlines. Be aware that if the campus were to close the law library will close as well and we will no longer have access to the physical objects known as books, which are often the source of the scanned materials we provide.
- Some services, such as borrowing books from other law libraries, may not be available. Feel free to complete your research requests as you would normally, but be aware that during this period of altered reality we are currently experiencing we won’t be able to fulfill some of your requests.
- Have a question and not sure who to contact? email Marci (email@example.com) or Michael (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Stay up to date with us by checking the library’s homepage.
Please take care of yourselves and each other and stay safe and well.