Q: WHEN DOES REGISTRATION CLOSE?
A: Friday, September 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM PST
Q: HOW DO I CHECK IN AT THE EVENT?
A: For guests arriving on Friday afternoon or Friday night for the CLR Panel or the Executive Education CLE or the BBQ on Steinhart Courtyard, please go to the registration tables in the East Courtyard, on Bancroft Way next to Café Zeb (enter next to the large stone Berkeley Law sign) to pick up your name badge and program.
For those arriving on Saturday morning, registration will open at 10:30am and tables will be located in the East Courtyard on Bancroft Way next to Café Zeb (enter next to the large stone Berkeley Law sign). Please pick up your name badge and program. Please allow time to register and collect your name tag and program and don’t forget to bring your bar ID number so that you can get credit for any CLE program you attend.
Q: WHAT IF I NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE?
A: If you are hearing- or vision-impaired, need on-campus transport assistance, or require any ADA special assistance, please email email@example.com before Friday, September 20, and we will be happy to assist you.
Q: WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED ATTIRE?
A: Casual dress is suggested for Friday’s BBQ. Business casual is recommended for Saturday’s events and activities.
Q: IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE?
A: Street parking in the neighborhood surrounding Berkeley Law is controlled by parking restrictions (e.g., two-hour limits). If you park in the City of Berkeley, please check carefully for posted parking restrictions. Most parking meters now take both coins and credit cards.
On both Friday and Saturday nights, there will be concerts at the Greek Theatre. These concerts will impact the amount of parking spaces that are available close to the school. We expect parking to start to fill up after 4:00 pm on both days. The concerts will impact traffic around the law school as well as parking. Here is a list of parking lots near campus and a map of nearby parking structures.
For those of you who have purchased valet parking on Friday October 4th as part of your reunion registration package, we will be contacting you directly the week of reunion to direct you where to go to drop off your car.
For those of you who have purchased self-parking on Saturday October 5th as part of your reunion registration package, you will be parking in the Boalt Lot, which is located behind the law school. Entrance to the Boalt Lot is on Optometry Lane (please find map here). You will access Optometry Lane from Piedmont Ave (opposite Memorial stadium). Your name will be on a list, and there will be a parking attendant in the lot to assist you.
Q: ARE THERE SPECIAL RATES FOR HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS?
A: There are several hotels on/close to campus that offer UC Berkeley rates. Hotel rates and availability are subject to change and will quite likely be unavailable closer to Alumni Reunion Weekend. Area hotels (please contact them directly for their rates) include:
The Graduate Hotel
Ask for UC Berkeley Discount
The Bancroft Hotel
Women’s Faculty Club
There are limited number of rooms available.
Berkeley City Club
Ask for the UC Berkeley discount
The Claremont Hotel
No discount available
Doubletree Berkeley Marina
Ask for UC Berkeley discount
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
No discount available
Q: MY PLANS CHANGED AND I CAN’T MAKE IT. CAN I GET A REFUND?
FUN THINGS TO DO IN BERKELEY:
- UC Botanical Garden at Berkeley: https://botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/
- Tilden Park and Little Farm: https://www.ebparks.org/parks/tna/default.htm
- Tours of UC Berkeley Campanile: https://visit.berkeley.edu/campus-tourscampanile-tour/
- Moe’s Books: https://www.moesbooks.com/
- Scenic Views from Grizzly Peak: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32066-d5607891-Reviews-Grizzly_Peak-Berkeley_California.html
- Berkeley Marina: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32066-d5607891-Reviews-Grizzly_Peak-Berkeley_California.html
- Lawrence Hall Public Science Center: https://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/
- Berkeley Rose Garden: https://www.cityofberkeley.info/contentdisplay.aspx?id=12048
- Berkeley Art Museum: https://bampfa.org/
- Berkeley Repertory Theatre: https://www.berkeleyrep.org/
- Eat and Drink on Shattuck Avenue: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32066-d117263-Reviews-Shattuck_Avenue-Berkeley_California.html
- Visit Cesar Chavez Park: https://www.cityofberkeley.info/Parks_Rec_Waterfront/Trees_Parks/Cesar_Chavez_Park.aspx
- Aftelier Archive of Curious Scents: https://www.aftelier.com/Articles.asp?ID=256
- Hike Berkeley Fire Trails: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/strawberry-canyon-fire-trail
- Adventure Playground: https://www.cityofberkeley.info/adventureplayground/
- Tours of the UC Berkeley campus: https://visit.berkeley.edu/category/campus-tours/
- Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive: https://bampfa.org/
Q: WHERE CAN I BUY BERKELEY LAW BRANDED MERCHANDISE?
Stop by the bookstore to pick up some new Berkeley Law gear! Room 286. www.berkeleylawshop.com
- Friday, 10/4, 10am – 3pm
- Saturday, 10/5, 12pm – 4pm