Berkeley Law is proud to present four prestigious awards to our alumni and faculty. This year, the awardees from 2020 and 2022 will be celebrated at a special donor and volunteer recognition event. We congratulate the 2020 and 2022 awardees.
The Citation Award
Created in 1961, the Citation Award recognizes Berkeley Law graduates who have made exceptional contributions to the school, the bar, the bench, legal scholarship, the state, the nation, and the world.
- 2020 – Arthur J. ’71 and Mary Jo ’72 (1942-2021) Shartsis
- 2022 – Joel Sanders ’82
The Faculty Lifetime Achievement Award
The Faculty Lifetime Achievement Award honors the lifelong contributions and accomplishments of an exemplary Berkeley Law Faculty Member.
- 2020 – Dean Christopher Edley Jr, The Honorable William H. Orrick, Jr. Distinguished Professor of Law
- 2022 – Prof. Mark P. Gergen, The Robert and Joann Burch Distinguished Professor of Tax Law and Policy
The Young Alumni Award
The Young Alumni Award is given to an alumnus/a who has graduated in the past 15 years and has made significant contributions to his or her community through professional, charitable or other public service activities, extraordinary service to the law school and other achievements.
- 2020 – Cara H. Sandberg ’12
- 2022 – Hon. Colin Z. Allred ’14
The Judge D. Lowell and Barbara Jensen Public Service Award
The Jensen Public Service Award is given to a prominent Berkeley Law graduate who has demonstrated outstanding dedication to public service in the legal profession. This award was incorporated into the Alumni Awards Celebration in 2019.
- 2020 – Hon. Claudia Wilken ’75
- 2022 – Hon. Marsha S. Berzon ’73
Many thanks to the firms who have made special contributions to the Berkeley Law Fund in honor of the 2020 and 2022 awardees. To become a sponsor please contact Holly Johnson in the Berkeley Law Development and Alumni Relations office at (510) 642-9045.