Scholarships for Native American Students

Students applying for many Native American scholarships must be enrolled members of a federally recognized tribe. A Certificate of Indian Blood card or document is generally accepted proof of membership.

American Indian Graduate Center Fellowships

These awards are granted to assist Native American and Alaskan Native students from federally recognized tribes pursuing Master’s, Doctorate, and professional degrees in all fields. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. Fellowships are awarded to applicants to the extent that funds are available.  You may print out an application online or request one in the mail via the website.

  •  Deadline: June 1, 2011 
  •  Awards: $1000-$5000
  •  Contact:
          American Indian Graduate Center
          4520 Montgomery Blvd. NE, Ste. 1B
          Albuquerque, NM 87109
  • Phone: 505-881-4584 or 1-800-928-1920
  • Website:
  • Last Updated: 2/23/2011


National Society of Daughters of the American Revolution–American Indians Scholarships

Applicants must be Native Americans with financial need who have a GPA of at least 2.75. To receive the scholarship application you must send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Committees Services, American Indian Scholarship, 1776 D Street NW, Washington, DC 2006-5305.


Oneida Higher Education

Financial aid is provided to students who are enrolled members of the Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin attending accredited institutions.

  •  Deadlines: contact agency 
  •  Awards:Up to $20,000/academic year
  •  Contact:
          Oneida Higher Education
          PO Box 365
          Oneida, WI 54155
  • Phone: 1-800-236-2214
  • Website: 
  • Last Updated: 2/23/2011


Osage Tribal Education Committee

Applicants must prove Osage Indian blood, be enrolled in an accredited college and submit a completed application. Law students are eligible for this scholarship program. Students must apply each semester for continuous funding.  Application and renewal application are available on the website.

  •  Deadlines: Fall – July 1: Spring – December 31
  •  Award: Contact agency
  •  Contact: Bureau of Indian Affairs
          Oklahoma Area Education Office
          200 N.W. 4th Street, Suite 4049
          Oklahoma City, OK 73102
  • Phone: 405-605-6051 ext 4
  • Website:
  • Download application
  • Last Updated: 2/23/2011


Osage Tribla Higher Education Scholarship Grant

The Osage Tribal Higher Education Scholarship Grant is available to any Osage member attending any college or university. The Higher Education Grant Award varies according to an academic point system for each applicant. Undergraduates and Graduates are eligible. The scholarship packet may be request by calling the number below.

  • Deadline: Summer – May 1; Fall- August 1; Spring – December 31
  • Award: Variable
  • Contact: Jennifer Holding
  • Phone: (918) 287-5301
  • Fax: (918) 287-5567
  • Email:
  • Download Application
  • Last Updated: 2/23/2011


Udall Foundation Native American Congressional Internship Program

The Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Foundation’s Native American Congressional Internship program offers Native American and Alaska Native graduate and law students the opportunity to gain professional leadership experience in Washington, DC.  The ten-week program provides interns with round-trip airfare, lodging, and a stipend.  Legal internships may be arranged with select offices such as the White House Council on Environmental Quality, the Solicitor’s Office in the U.S. Department of Interior, or the Department of Justice, Office of Tribal Justice.