We have complied this (non-exhaustive) list of English language resources for incoming LL.M. students. We do not endorse or recommend any one program over another.
- UC Berkeley Summer English Language Institute. Several summer English programs offered. Incoming LL.M. traditional or thesis track students who want to take a summer sessions course should enroll as a non-degree, visiting student.
- Examples of courses available:
- USC Summer Law & English Program. This program is a four-week non-degree summer program that runs from July 15, 2019 – August 9, 2019, and helps prepare students for an LL.M. program by introducing them to various areas of U.S. law and law school preparation, while providing them with the opportunity to improve their legal English and legal writing skills. To apply online, visit the following link: http://gould.usc.edu/how/gip/sle/
In order to waive your $100 Summer Law & English Program application fee, please apply by May 15, and enter the fee waiver code “uscsleapply” in the appropriate field of your online application.
- YWCA English in Action. Informal English tutoring/conversation, open to UC students and family members.
- Berkeley Adult School
- English Studies Institute
- ELS Language Centers
- Language Studies International
- The English Center (Oakland)
- The American Language Program at California State University (Hayward)
- The International Education Center at Diablo Valley College (Pleasant Hill)