Mapping a drive in Windows:
- From the Start menu, right click on "My Computer" and select "Map Network Drive"
- Choose a drive letter for your network folder:
Groups (faculty/staff), choose drive letter G: and type
\\zeb.law.berkeley.edu\Groups\ in the folder text box.
Users (faculty/staff), choose drive letter M: and type
\\zeb.law.berkeley.edu\users\CALNET_FRIENDLY (e.g. msmith) in the folder text box.Journals and Student Groups, choose drive letter J: and type
\\groucho.law.berkeley.edu\Groups\Student Journals\ in the folder text box.Clinicals, choose drive letter K: and type
\\milbarge.law.berkeley.edu\Clinicals\ in the folder text box.
Access restrictions still apply, of course. You will still need to authenticate:
- Click to connect using a different user name and enter your CalNet "Friendly" ID and passphrase. Prefix your friendly name to @campus.berkeley.edu (e.g. email@example.com).
After connecting, you can open and save files to the drive you just mapped. You can find it by browsing My Computer.
Connecting to a Printer in Windows (for faculty/staff):
To connect to a network printer, follow these steps. This example uses the "Remote" printer, located in the Westlaw lab. Print jobs sent to this printer are held until you physically come to the print release station next to the printer, and enter your CalNet ID and passphrase.
- Select "Printers and Faxes" from the Start menu.
- On the left side menu, click "Add a Printer"
- Indicate that you want to connect to a "Network Printer". Click Next.
- Select "Connect to this Printer" and enter \\groucho.law.berkeley.edu\Remote in the textbox.
- You probably do not want to make that printer the default for your computer, so select No. Then click Next and you are finished.
This printer is now available to you from any application you need to print from.
Mapping a drive in Mac OSX:
- Click on the Go menu in Finder and select the Connect to Server option.
- If you are trying to access:
Your student group or journal directory, connect to Groucho by entering cifs://groucho.law.berkeley.edu/. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase if prompted, and choose the Groups share when prompted.Your clinic files, connect to Milbarge by entering cifs://milbarge.law.berkeley.edu/. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase if prompted, and choose the Clinicals share when prompted.Your user directory or your group directory (faculty/staff only), connect to Zeb by entering cifs://zeb.law.berkeley.edu/. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase if prompted, and choose the Users or Groups share when prompted.
- Your selected share's contents should appear in a Finder window.